GCSEs at grade C+/ 4 in an English-based subject and Maths or equivalent qualifications (e.g. Key Skills Level 2/ Learn Direct Level 2/ Functional Skills Level 2).
Please note we do NOT accept GCSE Short Courses or GCSE Equivalence Tests from other institutions or organisations.
- 112 UCAS points
- A Levels - grades BBC
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma or OCR Cambridge L3 Technical Extended Diploma - grades DMM
- Access to HE Diploma Full award (60 credits) of which a minimum of 45 must be at Level 3 with at least 24 of these Level 3 credits at Merit or Distinction.
- Successful completion of the Foundation Year (120 credits) commenced prior to September 2020 of either BSc (Hons) Health Studies with Foundation Year; BSc (Hons) Public Health with Foundation Year or BA (Hons) Social Care with Foundation Year will enable you to apply for this course. You will also require GCSE grade C/4+ in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications) You will be guaranteed the first stage of the selection process e.g. an interview opportunity. For further information please visit our Foundation Year webpages
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degrees
- Foundation degrees /HND/ HNC
Use the UCAS Tariff calculator to check your qualifications and points
If you've got other qualifications or relevant experience, please contact The Gateway for further advice before applying.
Evidence of digital literacy and technological literacy capability will be determined by successful completion of your application.
Applicants will also be required to provide satisfactory personal statement and reference (academic or employer).
Those meeting the entry requirements may be shortlisted for a values-based interview and will be subsequently required to meet a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and Occupational Health requirements.
Read further information regarding interview preparation
During the Nursing course you will be required to attend placements. When you are asked for your choice of placement area we will endeavour to meet your request however we must emphasise that this cannot be guaranteed and therefore you must ensure you are able to travel to the final placement area you are allocated.
If you have accepted a Conditional Offer made by the University of Wolverhampton you will receive correspondence asking you to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The charge for this will be a DBS fee of £40.00 and a £6.00 ID check service fee. You will also need to complete an occupational health assessment questionnaire and General Practitioner Form prior to starting the course; vaccinations will also need to be up-to-date.
Please note we will not accept applicants onto our professional courses who have been unsuccessful on professional courses at other institutions of higher education
Applicants who are classed as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes (https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Home-or-Overseas-fees-the-basics) will still be considered as long as their country of domicile is the United Kingdom and do not require Tier 4 sponsorship or are in the UK on a Tier 2 visa.
Please note than an offer of a place at the University does not guarantee eligibility for student funding. To confirm that you meet the residency criteria go to www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies or telephone SFE on 0300 100 0607.