How to leave a gift

Leaving a gift in your will to the University of Wolverhampton is simple.

If you are making a new will, you need to include the University’s name and address and record your wishes for how you would like your gift used. There are a number of ways you can make a gift to the University such as a leaving a specific amount or a percentage of the residue of your estate.

If you want to make changes to your existing will, you can easily do this by completing a codicil and storing the new instructions with your will.

The University of Wolverhampton cannot give any legal or financial advice on making a will or planning your estate. If you wish to write a new will or update an existing one, we recommend you consult your solicitor or professional advisor. We are unable to recommend solicitors or professional advisors, but you can find useful information on choosing an advisor on the Law Society website. If you are resident outside the UK, we recommend that you seek advice from the relevant professional body in your home country. 

We understand that your will is a private matter and that you may prefer not to share any details. However, knowing about your intentions will help us ensure your wishes are understood and achievable. We can also thank you personally in your lifetime for your support.

For more information please email Sarah Pymm or call on 01902 321108, in confidence.