Get ahead. Inspire!
Join our Alumni Mentoring Scheme where mentors (alumni professionals now working in industry) provide one to one support, inspiration and guidance to mentees (current students or recent graduates) with their career aspirations, and their personal and professional development.
It is a relationship based on encouragement, constructive comments, openness, mutual trust and respect, as well as a willingness to learn and share.
With no cost attached to our mentoring scheme, join today and take a step to get ahead with your career or give back to support others.
How To Get Involved
The Alumni Mentoring Scheme is an opportunity for students and recent graduates to access professional career mentoring from alumni professionals.
Whether you are looking for career insights and tips, specific career guidance, help with applications or interviews, or maybe workplace experience or internship opportuntiies; our alumni mentors are here to try and help you.
Alumni mentors are established professionals willing to dedicate time to share their skills, experience and knowledge.
Make the most of the opprtunity to get ahead with your career or make a big difference by supporting others.
This is a FREE service and all applications will be approved by the University.
- Who can apply to be mentored?
- Current students - any student studying a University of Wolverhampton course at any location in the world.
- New alumni - must have graduated with a University of Wolverhampton award (less than 3 years ago).
- Who can apply to become a mentor?
- Alumni - must have graduated with a University of Wolverhampton award (3 or more years ago)
- Help yourself get ahead with your career
- Develop your employment skills and networks
- Explore work experience and career opportunities
- Search for mentors with the knowledge, skills and experience you need
- Find mentors based on localion - whether it be locally to you or even globally
- Interact with mentors in ways to suit you - video chat, email, phone calls, in person etc.
- Connect with a mentor at any time during your studies or up to three years following graduation
- No limit to the number of mentors you can contact
- No tied in programmes
- Record your activities, interactions and create your own Personal Development Plan
- Continue your mentor relationship as long as you like. Connections can last a lifetime!
- No cost - it's FREE!
- Giving back as a mentor allows you to make a real difference
- Share your valuable skills, experience, knowledge and networks
- Have final say in who you mentor - you get to approve mentor requests
- Set a maximum of how many mentees you are able to mentor
- Manage your own mentor profile - you choose what information you want to share
- Specify what services you can offer and how often
- A user guide and staff support available to you every step of the way
- Online scheduling for all your mentoring activity
- Stay connected with your University
- The chance to network with other graduates who can even mentor you
Simply visit the access mentoring option on this webpage, select the apply button and follow the on-screen intructions. Then, wait for confirmation that your application has been accepted by the University, at which point you are then a member of the mentoring scheme and ready to start.