Main Teaching Areas
• Creative Design projects: Contextual Modules, Final Year Student Major Projects. Professional Promotional Modules, Employability, Concepts and Ideas Generation, Textiles Techniques, Design Drawing for Fashion &Textiles, Commercial Textile Design.
- Phd proposal centres on the relationship between social class dress and design decision making,
- MRes. Art and Design History Dissertation – STEEP Factors as Drivers for Creative Engagement ,
- My research established Trend Forecasting companies and proposed a need to look at Futurology and STEEP factors as design drivers and catalysts for change.
- MRes Art and Design History. Liverpool John Moores University,
- Thesis: STEEP Factors as Drivers for Creative Engagement.
- BA (Hons) Fashion and Textiles,
- Specialism; Printed Textiles for Fashion. Liverpool Polytechnic (now LJMU).
- Diploma in Art and Design, Foundation Studies. Liverpool Polytechnic.
2009–Symposium Tate Liverpool
- Where do we Sit?
- Paper: Trend Forecasting Overload (in conjunction with LJMU)
Aug 2013 to Present
- Course Leader BA(Hons) Fashion & Textiles, University of Wolverhampton
- Development of a range of teaching approaches to accommodate a changing student profile and variety of learning styles.
- Whilst teaching across the UK I have also worked with a range of students with particular needs from deaf and disabled students to those with dyslexia and autism.
Curriculum Development and Module Writing
- Developed 20 credit framework through Learning Works,
- Part of Course Leader Team to develop new 120 credit framework for 2017.
- Senior Lecturer in Fashion and Textiles.
- Course Leader, Fashion and Textiles. Management of staff team & students . Curriculum development.
- Course Leader for Contemporary Applied Arts. Multi disciplinary course incorporating glass, ceramics, wood, metal and plastics.
- Route Leader. Contemporary Applied Arts.
- Senior Lecturer Design for Interior Textiles.
- University of Huddersfield .
- Liverpool John Moores University. SL (0.5) Textile Design for Fashion .
- Leeds College Of Art. SL (0.5) Printed Textiles,
- Visiting Lecturer and Short term contracts.
- University of Leeds.
- University of Leeds.
- University of Huddersfiled.
- Loughborough University.
- University Of Bolton. Visiting Lecturer .
- San Francisco Academy of Art. Visiting Lecturer Fashion Textiles.
External Academic Involvement
Feb and July 2015
- External Verifier CDA Cyprus. Government funded request as subject specialist to verify pre-degree course in Fashion and Textiles,
- Outcome: Course received Government funded accreditation following guidance from me.
Consultancy and Freelance Projects
- The Works Design Studio, London. Children's Wear Design.
- London Portfolio Design Studio New York . Design Studio specialising in surface pattern for paper products.
- KoolKards UK . Designed my own range of Greeting Cards and own label Paintbox.
- Amanda Kelly Design Studio, London. Women's wear Designs for US Market.
- Baxter Fawcett Design Studio, London. Menswear Designs for US market.
Full time Employment
Sept 1994-Dec 1998
- Art Director. Les Papillons Textile Design Studio, New York.
Sept 93-Sept 94
- Director of Print and Colour, August Silk, New York.
Sept 89-Sept 93
- Senior Designer, London Portfolio, New York.