Mr Graham Jones
Senior Lecturer in Childhood and Family Studies
- Email address Graham.Jones@wlv.ac.uk
- Phone number 01902 518415
- Location Room WN303a Samuel Johnson Building University of Wolverhampton Walsall Campus Gorway Road Walsall WS1 3BD
- Faculty Faculty of Education Health & Wellbeing
- Institute Institute of Education
- Areas of expertise
§Childhood and Family Studies
I began work as a Senior Lecturer of Childhood and Family Studies in January 2014 and have been course leader for the BA(Hons) Childhood Studies course since Autumn 2015. I module lead on the modules Introduction to Child Development, Child Development and The Role of Play in Childhood. I am a member of the Childhood, Youth and Families research cluster. Before working at Wolverhampton University I qualified as a Secondary School teacher and worked for a number of years teaching A-Levels Psychology and Sociology.
- The transition from FE to HE
- Foundation year of the degree
- BSc(Hons) Applied Psychology and Sociology
- PGCE Secondary, Social Sciences
- MSc Psychology
Book Review: Miller, L. and Cameron, C. (2014) International Perspectives in the Early Years (eds). London: Sage.
Published in Educational Futures Vol.7(1) January 2015, p94-95
Book Review: Alloway, T.P. and Alloway R.G. (2015) Understanding Working Memory (2nd ed.) London: Sage.
Published in Educational Futures Vol.7(2) March 2016, p70-72
Book Chapter: Edwards, T. and Jones, G. Chapter 9. Post-16 education and issues of inclusion.
Published in Brown, Z. (ed.) (2016) Inclusive Education: Perspectives on pedagogy, policy and practice. Abingdon: Routledge
Book Chapter: Jones, G. and Lyndon, H. Chapter 3. The Role of Play in Childhood. Published in Brown, Z.and Ward, S (eds) (2018) Contemporary Issues in Childhood: A Bioecological Approach. Abingdon: Routledge
- Teacher, secondary school.
- Teacher, sixth form college (including roles of Second in Department, Head of Department, Assistant Director)