Dr Adam Worrallo
Associate Lecturer in Computer Science
- Email address Adam.Worrallo@wlv.ac.uk
- Phone number 01902 321822
- Location Mi112
- Faculty Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Institute School of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Areas of expertise
Virtual & Augmented Reality, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Games Development, Mobile Development, Digital Media and Software Engineering.
Dr Adam Grant Worrallo is a specialist in Virtual & Augmented Reality, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Games Development and Digital Media. He is an Associate Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of Wolverhampton. He holds both a BSc (Hons) & MSc in Computer Science and received his PhD from the University of Wolverhampton in 2020. His research interests include Visual Computing, Haptics, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, Web Development and Gaming.
Visual Computing, Haptics, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, Mobile Development, Web Development, Gaming and Software Engineering.
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Professional Member of the British Computer Society (BCS)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Games Development)
- MSc Computer Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Worrallo, A.G. and Hartley, T., 2021. Robust optical based hand interaction for virtual reality. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 28(12), pp.4186-4197.
- Worrallo, A.G., 2020. A multiple optical tracking based approach for enhancing hand-based interaction in virtual reality simulations.
- Kollie, E., Loizides, F., Hartley, T. and Worrallo, A., 2017, September. TTracker: Using Finger Detection to Improve Touch Typing Training. In IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 469-472). Springer, Cham.
- Stanton, M., Hartley, T., Loizides, F. and Worrallo, A., 2017, September. Dual-mode user interfaces for web based interactive 3d virtual environments using three. js. In IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 441-444). Springer, Cham.
- Wood, R., Loizides, F., Hartley, T. and Worrallo, A., 2017, September. Investigating Control of Virtual Reality Snowboarding Simulator Using a Wii FiT Board. In IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 455-458). Springer, Cham.
- Loizides, F., Naughton, L., Wilson, P., Loizou, M., Yang, S., Hartley, T., Worrallo, A. and Zaphiris, P., 2017, September. Interactive reading using low cost brain computer interfaces. In IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 450-454). Springer, Cham.
- Amey LG - Highways Agency Area 9 Contract IT Systems Section - Systems Assistant Engineer
- Swift Business Solutions - Independent Mobile Application Developer
- Design, develop and self-market mobile applications on both iOS and Android devices as an independent developer
- Design and develop applications for home AI devices, including Alexa and Google Home.