ASSIST - Online chat information service
Assist online chat guidelines
Assist is an online advisory service, staffed by friendly library staff at the University of Wolverhampton, supported by librarians at other institutions.
- We can help you make the best use of your libraries; the buildings, the resources and services on offer
- We can help you to resolve issues or answer queries about the libraries
- We can give advice on using the search options to access print books and electronic resources
- We can suggest appropriate databases and sources of information for your subject area
- We can give advice on how to use the referencing guidelines to create references and in-text citations
- We can check a reference for you where you are unsure of how to reference a particular item
- We are not able to proof-read your work (a guide to proof-reading is available on the study guides page)
- We cannot give advice requiring an in-depth subject knowledge or on matters relating to course content
- We cannot do your coursework for you or answer specific assessed questions
- We are not able to check multiple references of the same type and cannot do your referencing for you
ASSIST is available 24/7.
Our staff are happy to help during the following hours:
|Monday - Friday||8.45am - 7.15pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||10.15am - 6.45pm|
Outside of these hours queries will be answered by librarians at other institutions who will be able to answer most enquiries and refer any others back to Wolverhampton staff if needed.
To start chatting:
- complete the form below - all fields should be filled in
- click "Chat"
- another browser window will open for the chat session
- if not, please check other browser windows that are open
- a member of Learning Centre staff will join your chat session as soon as possible
Please note that all chat sessions are monitored and recorded for training purposes