The BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism at the University of Wolverhampton aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need for working in the digital multi-platform environment of the 21st century newsrooms.
The content of the degree has been designed taking into account the main factors that steer the practice of journalism globally such as convergence, digital copyright and the use of public data to craft stories. Taught by academics and professional journalists, you will learn about the latest developments in multimedia journalism and gain a range of practical skills encompassing the traditional forms of content production, such as radio, video/TV and photography, and a more complex and innovative set of technologies needed to successfully develop and manage digital content on different journalistic platforms. This course is designed to address the needs of the UK employers and takes into account the on-going international transition of the sector into a full web-based business models or web based modes of delivery. You will develop a range of subject specific and transferable skills and by the end of the course you will have your own portfolio, which is an immense value in graduate employment. In addition, the course offers a suitable and balanced diet of practical and theoretical optional modules, allowing you to deepen your interests, whether in sports, investigative journalism, mobile and data journalism, politics, celebrity, film or business. If you want to start building your portfolio and to specialize in your preferred area, then this is the course for you!
What are the top reasons to study this course?
- It is a unique programme in West Midlands and Wales. Only 8 universities in the country offer similar courses. None of them is located in the West Midlands or Wales.
- We focus on employability. Students’ success is at the core of our programme and that is why practical work is project-based with students being the journalists, producing radio and television news bulletins and digital packages to industry standards and deadlines.
- You will gain in-depth knowledge and skills that provide the essential first step to a satisfying career and transferable skills that you can use throughout your career whether in broadcast media journalism or another industry
- We provide excellent work placements and links to industry and fully- equipped media facilities: radio and television studios, newsroom and editing suites.
- You will gain practical, hands-on experience using high-end media equipment and develop skills in digital production, writing, interviewing and editing.
- Highly experienced staff dedicated to providing a personal learning experience for every student.
- Lovely campus and exciting student life.
As this is a brand new course for 2017/18 the UNI Stats data is not accurate since there are no previous students to report statistics on. Please feel free to contact us for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
The BJTC is a partnership of UK media employers and education providers with a shared goal of ensuring the highest professional standards of journalism training. BJTC accreditation ensures students complete courses capable of working as journalists in the production of online, multimedia and broadcast in the world of news, current affairs, features and documentaries.
Read more about our accreditation >>
What happens on the course?Why Wolverhampton?Career pathWhat skills will you gain?What our students sayModulesWho accredits this course?Entry requirements Course fees and finance Funding Contact us