90% in work or doing further study six months after finishing
Source: Discover Uni
BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism at the University of Wolverhampton aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need for working in the digital multi-platform environment of 21st century newsrooms.
The content of the degree has been designed taking into account the main factors that steer the practice of journalism globally such as convergence, digital copyright and the use of public data to craft stories. Taught by academics and professional journalists, you will learn about the latest developments in multimedia journalism and gain a range of practical skills encompassing the traditional forms of content production, such as radio, video/TV and photography, and a more complex and innovative set of technologies needed to successfully develop and manage digital content on different journalistic platforms.
This course is designed to address the needs of UK employers and takes into account the on-going international transition of the sector into a fully web-based business model or web-based mode of delivery. You will develop a range of subject specific and transferable skills and by the end of the course you will have your own portfolio, which is of immense value in graduate employment. In addition, the course offers a suitable and balanced diet of practical and theoretical optional modules, allowing you to deepen your interests, whether in sports, investigative journalism, mobile and data journalism, politics, celebrity, film or business. If you want to start building your portfolio and to specialise in your preferred area, then this is the course for you!
What are the top reasons to study this course?
- A unique programme in the West Midlands and Wales. Only 8 universities in the country offer similar courses. None of them are located in the West Midlands or Wales.
- Focus on employability – students’ success is at the core of our programme. Practical work is project-based with students being the journalists, producing radio and television news bulletins and digital packages to industry standards and deadlines.
- Gain in-depth knowledge and transferable skills that provide the essential first step to a satisfying career, whether in broadcast media journalism or another industry.
- Excellent work placements and links to industry and fully-equipped media facilities: radio and television studios, newsroom and editing suites.
- Gain practical, hands-on experience using high-end media equipment and develop skills in digital production, writing, interviewing and editing.
- Highly experienced staff – dedicated to providing a personal learning experience for every student.
- Lovely campus and exciting student life.