On completion of the Apprenticeship, as a Building Control Surveyor you will act on behalf of clients or employers to provide professional services as a Public Service building control surveyor, Public Service planning and development building control surveyor, or consultant (Professional). In this capacity your role will include, but not limited to:
- Providing professional advice and recommendation to local authority clients relating to land, property or construction
- Managing local authority client instructions from engagement to completion
- Enforce the Regulatory Framework within a local authority area to ensure the long-term safety, inclusivity and performance of buildings in your communities.
- Deliver impartial and professional building control services throughout England and Wales.
- Liaising with other professionals
- Follow due-diligence in providing advice to local authority clients
- Undertaking detailed inspection of building and building sites
- Analysing information from inspections or visits to buildings, land and construction sites