Initial Set up
Some initial set up is required to record your name, standard greeting, and change the initial pin.
Your standard greeting is what callers hear when they get through to your Voicemail. You should set up your own greeting - plan what you want to say before you access the Voicemail function on your phone.
Also think of a pin of at least 4 numbers, but not sequential or strings of numbers, e.g. you can’t use 1234 or 7777.
Whenever Voicemail is accessed on your phone, the pin has to be entered to prevent other people from listening to your messages.
Access Voicemail and Start Setup
- 7911/7912 Phone:- Press the Msgs/Message softkey.
- 7940/7960 Phone:- Press the Envelope button.
- Enter the default pin which is 123654.
- If you get an error message, please contact the IT Service Desk for advice.
Set up your name and greeting
- Pick up the handset and follow the instructions to:
- enter your recorded name and
- enter your standard greeting.
- Press # (hash) to verify each of these when you are asked to do so.
Change your Pin
- Listen to the instructions to set your own pin.
Set Up VoiceMail
You can either use VoiceMail to forward all your calls to your VoiceMail, in which case your phone won't ring, or you can use it for callers to leave a message when your phone is not answered or is engaged.
To Forward all your calls to VoiceMail
This forwards all your calls to your VoiceMail box, so your phone won't ring. If your phone is engaged, your calls will also be forwarded to your VoiceMail box.
- Press the CfwdAll softkey (press the more softkey if it's not displayed)
- You will hear two beeps
- Enter 8150
- You will hear two confirmation beeps again
- Calls are now diverted
To cancel forwarding to your VoiceMail box, press the CfwdAll softkey again.
To Forward unanswered or engaged calls to VoiceMail
You can also use VoiceMail when you are away from your desk for a short time, or to enable callers to leave a message when your phone is engaged.
Change your Settings
Press 4 to access Setup Options from the main menu.
4 1 Greetings
4 2 Message settings
4 3 Preferences
4 4 Transfer settings
Change your Greetings
4 1 1 Change your standard greeting
4 1 3 3 Change your alternate greeting
4 1 2 Switch your alternate greeting on/off
Change your PIN
4 3 1 Change your PIN
Select full or brief menus
4 2 3 Switch between full or brief menus
Listen to and Manage your Messages
Listen to your Messages
On your phone
When you have VoiceMail, you will see a solid red light on your handset, and a message displayed:-
“You Have VoiceMail”.
- Access VoiceMail, then press 1 to hear new messages.
- Press 3 to listen to old messages.
From another phone on or off campus
- Dial 518885, or ext. 8885
- Enter your ID (which is your extension number) followed by #
- Enter your VoiceMail pin followed by #
While listening to a message
You can change the speed of playback etc. by using the following keys:
1 Restart message
4 Slow playback
7 Rewind message
# Fast-forward to end
## Save as is
After listening to a message
You can save, delete, forward messages etc. by using the following keys:
1 Replay message
5 Forward message
6 Save as new
9 Play message properties
# Save as is
If you choose to forward a message, the default is for you to spell the name of the person you want to forward it to. However, you can change this to entering the extension number by pressing ## to 'switch between spelling and number entry'. There is also an option to add an introduction to a forwarded message.