Find the Wireless MAC address of a Games Console
Before you can connect your Games Console to the Internet on the University personal networks, you need to register its MAC address. This page provides guidance on how to find the MAC address of the consoles listed below. When you've found the MAC address, write it down, and register your console with the University by going to https://register.wlv.ac.uk/macreg.asp.
- Note: the MAC address has 12 characters - usually a combination of letters and numbers
Sony Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable (PSP)
- From the Main Menu, select Settings > System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- This screen will display your MAC address.
Playstation 2 - original
If you've added a network port, you'll need the "Network Startup Disc" or "Network Access Disc" to find the MAC address.
- Turn on the console with the disc in the disc tray.
- When the connection testing fails, press the Select button on the controller for help.
- The MAC address should be displayed in a Help prompt.
Playstation 2 - slimline
- Turn on the console without a disc in the drive.
- From the Main Menu, press the Triangle button to display the System Information screen.
- The MAC address will be displayed on this screen.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, select Main Menu > Settings
- Select Network Settings.
- The MAC address is displayed in the lower right hand corner of this screen.
Microsoft XBOX 360
- From the XBox Dashboard, select System > Network Settings
- Select Edit Settings > Additional Settings > Advanced Settings, then Wireless Information.
- The MAC address is displayed on this screen.
Microsoft Xbox One
Students at Wolverhampton Residences can now register Xbox One consoles by taking them to an appointment booked with the Residential Services network adviser.
Those at Walsall Residences can do that when the adviser is available (September to October and January to February), or by contacting the Service Desk with the MAC address and serial number.
Those at Telford will need to contact the Service Desk with those details
- From the Wii channel menu, select Wii Options (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select the Wii Settings button.
- Select the right arrow to enter the second page of settings.
- Select the Internet option.
- Select the Console Information option.
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.