Loyalty Discount for Postgraduate Research Students
You can get a 20% discount on a postgraduate research course if you're a University of Wolverhampton graduate.
From 1st August 2018, the University will be offering a generous 20% Loyalty Discount to students progressing from an undergraduate programme and/or a taught postgraduate programme to a postgraduate research programme, where both courses are University of Wolverhampton Awards.
There is no time limit on how long ago you completed your degree and/or Masters level qualification, as long as the new award is at a higher level.
You do not have to apply for Loyalty Discount, the 20% reduction will automatically be applied to your fees once you have enrolled on the course.
Terms and Conditions
The discount applies as follows:
- for standard FT/PT "normal" MPhil / PhD fees, this is 20% each year - covering supervision fees, and the final pro-rata write-up fee if that year is taken.
- if the applicant has already been in receipt of the alumni discount for UG and/or PGT, this PGR discount is still available.
- the discount also applies to "international distance" routes
- the discount does not apply to PhDs "by published works" or "higher doctorates"
- the discount does not apply to "research support fees" (aka "bench fees")
- for Prof Docs, the 20% only applies to the first year of fees, and not beyond that. (Or, if PT, the first two years, pro-rata).
Students who receive a loyalty discount are not entitled to combine with any other tuition fee discount, bursary or scholarship.
To qualify for the discount for a postgraduate research course you must have completed a full undergraduate programme and/or a postgraduate taught course from the University of Wolverhampton.
Please note that this discount only applies to students who are enrolling to study at postgraduate level at one of the University's UK campuses. The undergraduate or postgraduate taught award may have been studied either at the University or at any of our international partner institutions - where the award is from the University of Wolverhampton only.
Further information about payment dates (by instalment) and methods of payment are available at How to Pay.