This workshop is for doctoral students who wish to enhance and update existing skills in literature searching and finding information. It will explain how to create and use effective search strategies, as well as covering tools to help you stay updated in your field of study, and ways of critically reviewing and evaluating the information and sources you find.
- To gain a better understanding of information requirements to underpin your research
- To be able to create effective search strategies
- To be able to use the features common to research databases.
- To gain a knowledge of tools available to keep you updated in your field.
- To critically review and evaluate information from a number of resources
Facilitator: Learning and Information Services (LIS)
|Wednesday 15th November 2017||10 - 12pm||MD111b, 1st Floor, Harrison Learning Centre|
|Wednesday 28th February 2018||10- 12pm||MD111b, 1st Floor, Harrison Learning Centre|
Knowledge and intellectual abilities (A)
This domain contains the knowledge and intellectual abilities needed to be able to carry out excellent research.
Personal effectiveness (B)
This domain contains the personal qualities, career and self-management skills required to take ownership for and control of professional development.