To apply for a WLV Sport Scholarship in 2020 please fill out the application form
Deadline for applications: The application deadline for the 2019-20 year will be 30th September 2029.
University of Wolverhampton Sports Scholarship Scheme
WLV Sport Scholarship Scheme is intrinsically linked to our Focus Sports (football, basketball, combat sports and netball); athletes outside of these sports are still considered and more favourably if their sport is recognised within the BUCS competitive framework.
WLV Sport Scholars can receive support up to a value of £4,500 over three years*
Applications are accepted from Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
Scholars are expected to:
- represent WLV Sport in BUCS and student sports competitions
- attend mentor meetings; Sports Award Dinner; Sport Fairs and Open Days
- involve themselves in coaching, and / or volunteering activities as required
- maintain their academic grades
WLV Sport Scholarship Complimentary Package (which is in addition to any financial reward) includes:
- Strength & Conditioning
- Rhino Teamear Tracksuit
- Funding towards elite coaching, competitions, training costs and equipment
- Annual WLV Gym and Swim Membership
- Mentoring support
Mentoring Support: Each scholar will be assigned a mentor with relevant experience/interest in the sport where possible. Mentors will meet with their scholars on a monthly basis. Mentors are volunteers and will receive mentoring training.
The Scholarship Scheme is reviewed annually although the Panel reserves the right to make changes and / or amendments at any time. The Panel also reserves the right to withdraw a Scholarship offer at any time.
* All current scholars are required to re-apply each academic year.
Contact email@example.com or 01902 518900.