To apply for a WLV Sport Scholarship in 2020 please fill out the application form
Due to COVID 19 we are currently assessing the sports scholarship offer in line with NGB and BUCS guidance as for a return to play. It may be that we need to change some elements of the sport scholarship programme but this will be communicated to all applicants in due course.
Deadline for applications will be the 5th of October 2020
University of Wolverhampton Sports Scholarship Scheme
WLV Sport Scholarship Scheme is intrinsically linked to our Focus Sports (football, basketball, combat sports and netball); athletes outside of these sports are still considered and more favourably if their sport is recognised within the BUCS competitive framework.
WLV Sport Scholars can receive support up to a value of £4,500 over three years*
Applications are accepted from Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
Scholars are expected to:
- represent WLV Sport in BUCS and student sports competitions
- attend mentor meetings; Sports Award Dinner; Sport Fairs and Open Days
- involve themselves in coaching, and / or volunteering activities as required
- maintain their academic grades
WLV Sport Scholarship Complimentary Package (which is in addition to any financial reward) includes:
- Strength & Conditioning
- Rhino Teamear Tracksuit
- Funding towards elite coaching, competitions, training costs and equipment
- Annual WLV Gym and Swim Membership
- Mentoring support
Mentoring Support: Each scholar will be assigned a mentor with relevant experience/interest in the sport where possible. Mentors will meet with their scholars on a monthly basis. Mentors are volunteers and will receive mentoring training.
The Scholarship Scheme is reviewed annually although the Panel reserves the right to make changes and / or amendments at any time. The Panel also reserves the right to withdraw a Scholarship offer at any time.
* All current scholars are required to re-apply each academic year.
Contact email@example.com or 01902 518900.