Support for you
Information, Advice and Guidance
If you are considering higher education but are unsure what to do next, then let us help.
The University Centre Telford team on the third floor at Southwater One (SW1) can make the process easy. Our services include:
- free, impartial and confidential advice on choosing the right course
- practical information and advice on further and higher education programmes, including continuing professional development and postgraduate study
- options for full-time, part-time and local study
- finance and funding guidance, including eligibility and how to apply
1:1 appointments of up to one hour are free of charge but should be prebooked by calling 01952 277777 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. These appointments may be available online due to the current situation.
IAG appointments & Drop in sessions
Date & Time
It’s not too late to think about Higher Education
Contact us or click the time slot below to book an appointment with one of our specialists who can talk you through:
- Study options, including flexible and part-time learning
- Entry requirements
- Financial support available
- The application process
Are you aged 19 or over?
Ever considered progression onto higher education and don't know whether it is for you?
We can help you make an informed decision.
Speak to our adviser, who can provide:
• 1-to-1 advice and guidance about courses
• general advice about being a student
• advice on Student Finance for mature learners eg. childcare costs and transport
• information on student life: study skills, workload, assessments
• support with UCAS applications
Be part of an inspirational programme supporting you to make an informed and ambitious decision for your future.
* This will be telephone appointments only until our centre is open to the public. Contact us or click the dates below to book an appointment.
The Faculty of Education Health and Wellbeing is a dynamic learning community, committed to enhancing the quality of education, health and wellbeing for people locally, nationally and internationally. We offer courses in education studies, community health, health studies, midwifery, nursing, Physiotherapy, paramedic science, psychology, public health, social care, social work, sport and physical activity and teaching.
Faculty staff come to the Centre to advise about how to apply to us, when to apply, where you will be taught and inform you about our upcoming open days. Dates for the academic year 2020/2021 to be announced in due course. Please contact us on 01952 277777 for further details.
Skills for academic success
University of Wolverhampton and Telford College students are welcome to use the facilities at University Centre Telford for independent study.
Whether you’re off campus or on, you’ll find there’s a wide range of online resources and interactive activities which can help you develop your academic and study skills. In addition, you may wish to attend a Skills for Learning workshop for more in-depth support. Contatct us to arrange a Skills for learning workshop.