We offer a wide range of degree courses with an employability-boosting sandwich year option.
A sandwich degree undergraduate programme includes a year-long work placement in industry – and you don’t pay full tuition fees for that year, only £1,200 (for 2019/20).
Typically, on a sandwich course you study the first two years of your degree at University, then complete a ‘sandwich’ year in a work placement that’s related to your degree. You’ll be earning a salary from your employer at the same time as boosting your employment credentials. You’ll utilise knowledge gained in your studies in a real work environment to gain hands-on experience.
Following your year in industry, you return to University to complete your final year(s) of study.
Benefits of studying a sandwich degree course:
- Gain real-life, practical experience in your chosen area of study.
- Increase your employability.
- Earn a salary from the employer during your placement.
- Network with people in your chosen industry.
- Can lead to paid employment with the organisation after graduation.