I need help now

In an emergency, if you are in danger and/or unable to keep yourself safe call 999 or go directly to your nearest Accident & Emergency (A&E) department. – especially if you think you are at risk of acting on suicidal thoughts, or you have seriously harmed yourself and need medical attention.

The important thing to remember is that these intense feelings will pass, and things can and will improve - please don’t give up.  

NHS Options

NHS and local mental health trust support links can be found below whether you already have support in place or wish to access specific support.

PLEASE NOTE: local NHS provision is based on GP NOT address so it is important that you register with a local GP when moving to university

If you, or someone you know is at risk of, or experiencing Domestic Violence


If you, or someone you know is showing signs of substance addiction


If you, or someone you know is victim of Sexual Assault



Experiencing Financial Difficulties




Other useful contacts:

Experiencing Relationship Problems

Help with bereavement

If you, or someone you know could be at risk of forced marriage

Worried about possible terrorist activity

Help and Support if Caring for Someone

Worried about the safety of a child or vulnerable adult: Contact your local council

The Samaritans

Female Genital Mutilation

Modern Slavery and Trafficking