Walsall Campus accessibility
Approaching the campus
Visit Map and directions for Walsall Campus(opens in a new window) to find out where we are, how to get here, and to download maps of the campus.
A number of reserved parking spaces are available marked 'SEC'. These are reserved for students who have mobility issues but don't quite qualify for a permit under the national blue badge scheme.
To register and receive a SEC permit, please contact the Student Enabling Centre on 01902 321074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Owing to building work on the Campus, car parking at Walsall is subject to change. Please do not hesitate to contact the Walsall Reception on 01902 323200, for the latest information.
Parking locations and available spaces
Spaces are for blue badge holders unless otherwise indicated.
- WJ (Sports Centre and Swimming Pool): 6 spaces
- Student Village: 4 spaces
- WN Building: 7 spaces (press the intercom to gain access)
- WG (Gorway Conference Centre): 2 spaces
- WP (School of Health): 2 spaces plus 1 SEC space
- Delves Car Park (by Rugby Club): 3 spaces
Accessibility of buildings
Find out about the accessibility of Walsall Campus buildings, and directions to the lift.
Building and accessibility status
- WA: Lift to theatre lower level
- WA: Lift to 1st floor Registry only
- WA: No access to 2nd floor rooms
- WC: Students' Union lift to all floors
- WE: Access to ground floor only
- WG: Access to all areas
- WL: Lift to all floors
- WD: Ground floor swimming pool. Features lift to all floors and for access to Learning Centre using the connecting bridge
- WJ (Sports Centre): Lift to all floors
- WN (School of Education): Lift to all floors
- WP (School of Health): Lift to all floors
- RWM-RWQ: Access to ground floor only
- Student Village: Access to ground floor only
- WH: Lift access to all floors
Directions to the lift
- WA 1st Floor Registry: Go past the main reception and enter via the next door on the right. The lift is on the left, adjacent to the entrance doors.
- WA For lower theatre level: Go past the main reception and enter via the next door on the right. Turn left past the Social Learning Area and the lift is on the left hand side.
- WC Students’ Union: Go though the main doors, turn left and the lift is at the end of the corridor.
- WD Building: Using the bridge, enter WD Building. The lift is on the left.
- WJ Building: Through the main doors and the lift is on the left just passed the Reception.
- WL Learning Centre: Go through the main doors and turn left then right
- WN Building: Go through the main doors, “Go Eat World” is on the right and the lift is straight ahead.
Induction loops system
The following rooms have induction loops fitted.
- WP (School of Health): Main reception
- WP Lecture theatre
- WJ (Sports Hall): Main reception
- WA: Main Reception
- WA: Lecture Theatre
- WA: CDate (WA033)
- WA: Blend Centre
- WN003: Small lecture theatre
- WN004: Large lecture theatre
- WN101: Small lecture theatre
Minicoms are fitted in WA reception and WP reception.
Note that the University also uses the Deaf Alerter system.
Disabled toilets can be found in the following locations:
- WA Building: WA024a
- WC (Students’ Union) WC001a
- WD (Sports Centre): WD008, WD009c, WDb12 and WDb11
- WG (Gorway Conference Centre): WG029 and WG014
- WJ (Walsall Sports Centre): WJ007, WJ008, WJ109 and WJ110
- WL (Learning Centre): WL005
- WN (School of Education): WN006, WN108, WN211 and WN313
- WP (School of Health): WP020 and WP116
In case of an emergency evacuation
Can you leave the building unaided in the event of an emergency evacuation?
- Yes - Leave by the nearest available exit and make your way to the Assembly Point
- No - Make your way to your nearest available Refuge Point. Use the communication point to contact Operations Division to tell them where you are, following the instruction notice on the wall.
If you are informed that the evacuation is a real emergency, try to remain calm and await further instructions, this may involve evacuation from the Refuge by trained members of the Operations Team by evacuation chair.
Remember that throughout the emergency you can keep in constant contact with Operations via the Communications point.
If you are informed that the evacuation is a non-emergency situation, ie false alarm, remain where you are and await further instructions from Operations Division staff.
Fire refuge points
- WD: By 008
- WD: 1st floor by the lift
- WN: There are three refuge areas on each floor. They are situated on the main staircase and at each end of the corridor leading off the staircase.
- WP 1st floor: Refuges are on each landing. Stairwells are colour coded as Blue, Jade, and Terracotta.
The first aid rooms are located in rooms WE006 and WJ012.
If you require access to the First Aid room the assistance of a First Aider or need to report an accident Walsall Campus reception.