Where students can get help and support

As a parent, you can encourage your son/daughter/family member to seek out help from some of the people listed below and just talk.

  • Personal tutors: each student will have been allocated a personal tutor from his/her school
  • Each school also has both a school office and a student office
  • Accommodation Services – for students in halls of residence
  • Residential Assistants – student support assigned to each block of students in halls
  • International Students’ Support Officer – for students whose home is outside the UK
  • Students’ Union Advice and Support Centre – support and advice provided on a wide range of issues
  • The Chaplaincy – offers support to students of varying faiths and of none 
  • Student Enabling Centre – provides disability related support to students
  • The Gateway – gives impartial advice about higher education to prospective students, help with applications and advice relating to student finance

For study skills students could visit www.wlv.ac.uk/skills