RLSS Pool Lifeguard Course - Including AED
The University of Wolverhampton does hold RLSS Pool Lifeguard Courses, that is an intense one week course, spread throughout the year.
Next course: Monday 9th - Sunday 15th April 2018
Course times: 8.30am - 5.30pm
RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
So you want to be a lifeguard?
There are lots of great reasons why you'd want to become a lifeguard...
- First and foremost you are providing an amazing public service. You will without a doubt make people feel confident, happier and safer just by being on poolside and you could potentially save a life.
- Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry.
- The hours are flexible and perfect for those of you who need to fit studying into your busy day.
- You get to work with like minded people.
- Lastly but still very importantly, you will gain a life skill that will come in handy for the rest of your life!
What will you need to do to get your NPLQ?
Every candidate, prior to commencement of training for the NPLQ must:
- Be 16 years of age or above
- Be able to meet the following criteria:-
- jump / dive into deep water
- swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- tread water for 30 seconds
- surface dive to the floor of the deepest part of the pool
- climb out unaided without the use of ladders / steps and where the pool design permits
* Please note you will be asked to attend a pre-requisite assessment before the course is due to start.
If you are interested in taking part in the above course or would like any further information please drop into the Walsall Campus Sports Centre or contact us on 01902 518900.