Progression Scholarship 2018
A fixed number of scholarships will be reserved for candidates selected by the University's college partners and family schools. There is no formal application procedure, to be eligible for consideration you must:
- have applied to study (and subsequently enrol) on a full-time course with a tuition fee of £9,250 or more per year
- have firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at the University of Wolverhampton
How it works
The Progression Scholarship takes the form of a sum of £1000 paid to students in their first year of study only. Schools and colleges nominate candidates; the University is not involved in the decision making process. Nominated students who meet the eligibility criteria for the scheme and successfully enrol for the 2018/19 academic year will receive payment of the award in two instalments of £500.
*Please note: students on NHS-funded courses or those who have previous University-level study are not eligible for this award.
Terms and conditions
This scheme is available only to students who:
- Are new entrants to Higher Education i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree level course and are not ELQ or old fees regime.
- Have paid the full tuition fee for the course by the due date(s) either directly or via the Student Loans Company.
- Students in receipt of the Progression Scholarship will not be eligible for any other University Scholarship Scheme.
- Where a student withdraws from the University before the end of the year any scholarship entitlement may also be withdrawn (on a pro-rata basis).
- The Progression Scholarship will not be available to new entrants from academic year 19/20.