Financial support for students with disabilities

Students with disabilities or learning difficulties may be eligible for the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), to help fund any extra costs that they may have to pay when studying.

This can include specialist equipment, a non-medical helper, extra travel costs, or other costs.

You will need written proof of your disability from an appropriate member of the medical profession.

If you have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, you will be asked to have an independent assessment of your needs.

  • Undergraduates can apply for a special equipment allowance, a non-medical helpers' allowance, plus help with travel costs and more general costs.
  • Postgraduate students can apply for a single allowance to cover all costs.

Please note that students are required to pay for the first £200 of the cost of a computer.

Find out more