Course Enquiries Unit
Introduction: Our commitment to you
The University of Wolverhampton is committed to delivering the highest possible quality of service to enquirers – be they prospective students, students, alumni, staff, partners or members of the general public. This set of guidelines sets out the standards of service you can expect to receive from us whenever you contact the Course Enquiries Unit to make an enquiry.
What we promise to do for you
- To process your enquiry as quickly as we can – on the same day if at all possible. We occasionally experience extremely busy periods of enquiry – in these instances we will work to answer your query as soon as we possibly can.
- If we cannot answer your enquiry, we will put you in touch with another person, department or helpdesk within the University who can help. We will also tell you who/where we have passed your enquiry on to, and give you direct contact details if relevant.
- To ensure all information given to you by the Course Enquiries Unit is as accurate as possible at the time of enquiry.
- To use plain language and avoid the use of “jargon” wherever possible.
- To ensure you are treated politely and courteously at all times
- To ensure you are treated fairly and not discriminate against you for any reason, including (but not limited to) age, disability, race, domicile, religion, sex or sexuality.
- To review any feedback you submit to us, with a view to maintaining and improving our high levels of service.
- To act on any complaint fairly and in accordance with our established University complaints procedure.
- To treat your enquiry confidentially, and process your personal data in accordance with data protection legislation and University policy.
Your comments, feedback and complaints
The University is committed to high standards of service and the quality of teaching and learning. Your comments and feedback are important to us. However, it is also accepted that enquirers may occasionally have cause for complaint relating to the service or facilities provided by the University. We:
- Welcome customer comments and feedback.
- May occasionally ask you to complete an optional customer satisfaction survey (if you have opted-in to receive additional contact). This will let us know how we’re doing with regard to our service levels.
- Learn from customer comments and feedback on how we can improve our service.
- Investigate any complaints about our service in accordance with our complaints procedures (you can find these on our website or at any of our main campus reception desks).
- Take action, wherever appropriate, in order to maintain or improve the high standards of service that you expect.
How you can help us to help you
You can help us provide more effective and efficient customer service by:
- Describing the nature your enquiry in full, with as much detail as possible.
- Specifying course titles/modules/organisations/accrediting bodies etc in full, rather than using abbreviations.
- Being courteous and patient with the member of staff trying to help you.
- Quoting your enquiry reference number (prefixed ENQ), student number or other relevant reference number (if known) in any subsequent contact.
- Bringing any documents, postcards or barcoded material to interviews and open days, when requested to do so.
- Completing any web or paper based enquiry or application forms in full, and as accurately as possible.
- Completing any optional customer surveys that we may occasionally send out – we promise to keep them short and confidential.
- Letting us know of any change of circumstances, eg change of address, so we can keep your enquiry record updated.
- If after contacting us you think you need further help or additional information and support, please get back in touch with us - we will be happy to assist you further.
Do you need to contact us?
Course Enquiries Telephone: 0800 953 3222*
General Enquiries Telephone: 01902 321000
Fax: 01902 322517
Post: Course Enquiries Unit, University of Wolverhampton, ML024, ML Building, Molineux Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1DT.
*This is a UK Freephone number. If you are calling from overseas or from a mobile phone, you may incur a charge - this charge will vary according to your network provider.
Current Students and Applicants – please note that all enquiries should be logged through the e-Vision helpdesk.