Tips for applying
Submitting your application can sometimes be a confusing process which some people may find a bit overwhelming. There is no need to worry about the application process as it is generally quite straight forward and Admissions are on hand to help.
You may find the following tips and useful information beneficial when it comes to making your application.
- If you are applying through UCAS, be sure to check the Key Dates to ensure you do not miss an important deadline in the application process.
- Be sure to complete your application form in full ensuring all information in accurate and up-to-date, listing all relevant qualifications both past and present ensuring your predicted grades are listed.
- Put clear thought and effort into your personal statement, some courses shortlist on personal statement which means that if your personal statement does not meet our requirements your application will be unsuccessful. Please see the Personal Statement webpage which offers further advice in writing your statement.
- Ensure your application includes a reference from your most recent teacher or employer submitted using an official work email address, if applying through a school or college ensure your teacher clearly states your predicted grades on your application.
- Make sure you have done research about the course you are applying for, checking the published entry requirements, the location, and that you are applying for the correct course.
- If applying through UCAS make a note of your UCAS Personal ID number so you can quote this when contacting us with any queries. Alternatively or if you are making a direct application make note of your Wolverhampton University student number.
If you need any additional advice and guidance on completing the application form and writing a personal statement then contact the Gateway on (01902) 321032 or email email@example.com.