International Students

Before you arrive

Where you live will be one of the most important factors for a good experience whilst you are in the UK. Make sure you have made all of your arrangements and booked your accommodation before you travel.

You can live within University managed accommodation at the City, Walsall or Telford Campus with the option of either ensuite or standard (shared bathrooms) accommodation.  When you are given an unconditional offer from the University book your accommodation straight away to make sure you can be allocated your first preference.

The Students Union run a selection of social events, trips and activities which will enable you to visit places within the UK and engage with other students on Campus to enhance your experience whilst residing within the University accommodation.

To find more about the accommodation please visit our Where Can I Live pages and read the informaiton below. If you have any further queries please email your local Facilities Hub on:,  or log an E-vision call.

How to apply

Students from outside the European Union can apply for accommodation once they receive an Unconditional Firm course offer (ie when the University have offered a place but without the need to achieve certain grades).

You can apply for accommodation via our e:Vision system, instructions on applying for accommodation, are below.

Applying for accommodation through e:Vision

  • If this is the first time you have used e:Vision, follow the instructions below.
  • Log in to e:Vision (opens in a new window). Your username is your student number. On first log in, your password is an individually generated number sent to you by the University.
  • Once you're in e:Vision, go to the navigation bar and click on My Tasks.
  • Follow the instructions on how to apply for accommodation; this is where you will have the chance to choose your university accommodation.
  • Students should apply for the Campus closest to where they will be studying.
  • When completing the application form, it is essential that you supply us with your main email address, as this is where we will send any future correspondence.
  • If you do not have the option to 'Apply for Accommodation' then you must contact your admissions unit to check your student status.

What happens next?

  • Accommodation Services will processes your request and we will try to ensure you get the room you want – please note this is on a first-come-first-served basis.
  • When we have received your application for accommodation we will send you an email explaining how to confirm that you want to take up the room. 
  • You will have five (5) days to confirm that the room you have been offered is acceptable by replying using the link included within the offer of accommodation email.
  • You will then have to pay your accommodation pre-payment, agree to the licence agreement, and – if you want – set up a Direct Debit to pay your accommodation fees.
  • If you do not accept your offer of accommodation within five (5) days, we will cancel your current offer and you will be required to start the process again. We will confirm this cancellation via email.
  • Once you have confirmed the acceptance of the accommodation, the licence agreement and the deposit, we will confirm the booking via email.

If you are paying your accommodation deposit by Bank Transfer, then please note that this process can take some time.  It is imperative that you make us aware of when the payment was made and in whose name the transfer was made in.

Further Information on Accepting your Offer of Accommodation

Even if you have completed your accommodation preference form either manually or on-line, you will be able to complete the licence agreement via the web by either, copying and pasting the link below or re-typing the web address in to your web browser;

If you originally applied for a place using the manual application process, then when accepting your licence agreement online, you will be asked firstly to set up an account to verify your student details and to create a password.

To complete the offer process, you will be required to undertake the following (PLEASE NOTE; you must use the mouse to click on the correct option button, DO NOT PRESS RETURN ON YOUR KEYBOARD);

Log in (student Number & Password)

Select Residential Year

Accept / Reject Accommodation Offer

Pay accommodation pre-payment and Read & accept Accommodation Tenancy Agreement.

You will have 5 days to complete the agreement before the offer of accommodation is withdrawn.

The University reserves the right not to accept late or incomplete documentation. Rooms are available subject to the terms of the University Licence Agreement, which is enclosed with this offer letter.

If you return the correctly completed documentation and the University accept your application for accommodation, Accommodation Services will date and sign the Licence Agreement. However, the contract for accommodation between you and the University will not come into existence unless and / or until you return the completed documentation and the University confirms the allocation of the room to you by either email or post.

Unable to accept your Offer Online?

If you are unable to apply online, you will need to contact Accommodation Services and a manual application pack will be sent to you.

Any problems?

If you have any queries while applying for accommodation, please contact Accommodation Services and we will do all we can to help you accept your offer of accommodation

City Accommodation Hub Contact Details


Tel: 01902 32 1268

Accommodation Pre-payment

To make sure your name is down for the halls you want to live in you will need to make a pre-payment of £300, this works a little bit like a deposit and will be deducted from your final instalment of accommodation fees.

You can do this online via the login portal once you have accepted your Licence Agreement 

Accommodation Fees

Accommodation Services manage the student accommodation at all campuses across the University. We will assist you if you have any problems in the accommodation or if you are experiencing any difficulties with the people you live with. We will also help you if you want to change rooms or if you have any invoice queries

Due dates for your payments will be set out with your contract, so make sure you write them in your diary and better still budget for them!

Accommodation fees are due for payment either:

  • In advance of arrival
  • On arrival
  • On receipt of an invoice. (The dates for payments will be stated on the invoice)

If you require Financial Support during your stay there are a couple of ways you can get help; check out our webpages for more information. 

What’s the cost?

2018/19 Prices



37 Week Licence Cost

Lomas Street (City Standard)



North Road (City En-Suite)



Gorway (Walsall Standard)



Student Village (Walsall En-suite)



Telford En-Suite 




How to pay

Direct Debit

If you have a UK bank account one of the easiest ways to pay is to set up a direct debit so your accommodation payments are pre-set and come out of your bank account on 3 specific dates: 

2018/19 Payment dates:

  • Instalment 1: October 2018
  • Instalment 2: January 2019
  • Instalment 3: April 2019

2018/2019 Instalment Breakdown 


Instalment 1

Instalment 2

Instalment 3

City & Walsall Standard




City & Walsall Ensuite




Telford Ensuite




*Please note: These prices are an approximate ammont & if you move in before the start of the residency period these prices are subject to change

Click here to link to the Direct Debit Form (PDF) you will need to fill in.

If you want to find out more about this method of payment please contact the Income Section of the Finance Department at or 01902 321256.


Payments can be made online here

If you are feeling prepared and planning on paying in advance of your invoice, please type ADVANCE in the Invoice Number field.

This payment will be allocated to your account and matched against you accommodation invoice.

At a campus cashier

Payments can be made by cash, cheque or debit/credit card.

Cashiers' offices are located in MX Building for City Campus, and in Telford and Walsall campuses.

Bank transfer

This method is recommended for international students, in particular for the prepayment.

All payments to the University must be made in pounds sterling.

Might seem obvious but we have to mention that you will be required to meet any bank charges relating to the transfer.

Bank name: Barclays

Bank Account name: University of Wolverhampton

Bank account no: 80970905

Sort code: 20-97-78

IBAN: GB81BARC20977880970905


Admin Fees

Here is all the legal information that you will need to know about your £300 pre-payment, it might seem a bit lengthy but have a read through as you don’t want to find yourself in a sticky situation…

In conjunction with the terms of the Accommodation Licence Agreement, deductions can be taken from the prepayment. 

This is with reference to clauses;

7.3          This Licence Agreement may be terminated by You if:

a) the University is in serious breach of its obligations under this Licence Agreement and/or Your student contract for study at the University;

b) You have medical welfare grounds for terminating (details of which can be found in the

c) You have academic grounds for termination (details of which can be found in the

d) You no longer wish to study at the University.

7.4          Where You wish to terminate as a result of an issue arising under clause 7.3 above, You will no longer be obliged to make further payments of the Licence Fee.  The provision of clause 8 apply to Your departure from the University Accommodation.

7.5          You may only otherwise terminate this Licence Agreement during the Residential Year having received the University’s written consent to do so.  To make an application to terminate under this clause 7.5, you will need to submit a completed Request for Cancellation of Accommodation form to the Accommodation Office which will then be considered by the University. 

7.6          If You are terminating because You are withdrawing / taking a leave of absence or transferring courses, then written confirmation of this from the appropriate school must be provided to Accommodation Services Office before the Accommodation Services Office can consider any refund or cancellation of payment obligations.  

7.7          In all cases, where You wish to exercise Your right to terminate, You acknowledge that, save where You are terminating for reasons specified in clause 7.3(a) and (b), You will continue to be liable for the full Licence Fee unless the University or You are/are able to find a replacement person to take on the outstanding liability for these amounts. 

7.8          You will remain responsible for complying with this Agreement until terminated.

With the exception of visa refusals or you not obtaining a place on a course at the University of Wolverhampton you will not receive a full refund of your Licence Fee. (Written confirmation of this refusal will be required from UCAS or the University of Wolverhampton.) 

There are a number of scenarios that can lead to amounts being deducted from the Accommodation prepayment;

What Happens If The University Does Not Offer You A Place On A Course?

If you apply for accommodation, and then accept a place within the University Accommodation, but then the University of Wolverhampton decide not to offer you a place on a course, the whole prepayment of £300.00 will be returned to you, as per clause 4.4. 

4.4          If You do not obtain a place on a course at the University of Wolverhampton, this Licence Agreement will automatically terminate, and You will receive a full refund of any Licence Fee and/or Pre-Payment fee You have paid.  (Written confirmation of this refusal will be required from UCAS or the University of Wolverhampton.).

Accommodation Services will only refund the prepayment upon written confirmation from the Admissions Unit that you have not been offered a place on a course. 


Administration Fee Charge To be Deducted from the Accommodation Prepayment



















Students Who Have Signed A Standard Semester 1 Licence


Administration Fee Charge To be Deducted from the Accommodation Prepayment











Students Who Have Signed A Standard Semester 2 Licence


Administration Fee Charge To be Deducted from the Accommodation Prepayment











Students Who Have Signed A Standard 52 Week Licence


Administration Fee Charge To be Deducted from the Accommodation Prepayment



























Cancellation Rights and Information

Once you have applied for your accommodation (via post, email or online) and your application has been approved, you enter into a licence agreement with the University. This means that a room has been reserved for you. 

The licence is now governed by the Consumer Regulations (June 2014), which states that the University accommodation contracts are not a contract to which the “cooling off” cancellation period applies.  Details of what this means to you, can be found with The Consumer Contracts Regulation link below:

 The Consumer Contracts Regulations (PDF)

With regards to what happens to your prepayment, please click on the link below and follow the flow which applies to you:

What happens to your prepayment (PDF)

Departure information

When you move out of your uni halls for over summer there’s a few things you need to remember:

  • It might seem obvious but make sure you take everything with you, otherwise it is likely to get chucked out.
  • Hand in your keys and sign them away.
  • Lock all the windows and doors.
  • Redirect your post, could miss some important stuff…..or some free samples.
  • If any bed linen packs are left in your room, they will be donated to a homeless shelter.
  • Give the place a clean, you don’t want any additional cost for dirt or damage. 

Forgotten something important?

If you left in a hurry or had to check facebook last minute and left your laptop on your bed, all expensive items (TV’s, phones, computer gear) will be kept and a letter will be sent to your last known address for you to come and collect it. Presumably you would notice, in which case contact the accommodation office as soon as you can to let them know when you are collecting your forgotten stuff. A second letter will be sent, and if no contact is made after a period of 10 days any items will be disposed of.

Please Note:

If you don't return your keys or if you leave your room with items left in, you may be charged up until the keys are returned or the room has been emptied.

Semester Only

You can still apply for accommodation with us even if you are studying at the University of Wolverhampton for only one semester.

Whether you are staying for Semester 1 or Semester 2, you will need to pay your accommodation fees in full either before or on the day you arrive.

Prices 2018/19



Semester Only License 

(Sept 17-Jan 18 or Jan 18-June 18)
















Top Tips For When You Arrive


You can sign/collect your keys from 10am on your moving in date, this is when you will find out your room number. Your collection point will be on your arrival letter.

Room Inventory Forms

When you first get to your flat you will be given an inventory form, this is where you inspect your new place and note down any issues e.g. bad condition, faults.

If you find any repairs or faults within your room you can log them using the Fix IT! Reporting System. Details of how to do this are also attached to the inventory form.

The room inventory form needs to be completed and returned to the Accommodation Services Office at Wolverhampton and Walsall campus or Telford Reception if you are based at the Telford Campus.

Although it may be a drag it will benefit you in the long run, as your may be charged at the end of your contract for any damage/wear and tear you didn’t record on the inventory – you can’t add to it once you’ve handed it in.

Got a question about your accommodation?

Log in to e:vision with your student number and password click the 'University Accommodation' button on your homepage, and log a call with us; and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!   

Living off campus

Rent with confidence is the City of Wolverhampton Council's  official accommodation search engine‌. This is a service that lets you search for private rented accommodation in Wolverhampton and across the Midlandsa

University of Wolverhampton Students' Union also has a private student accommodation section on its webpages here you'll be able to find a list of letting agencies that allow student lettings.

For more information & advice about living off campus check out the Student Union webpages  

Settling In

Your first few weeks living away from home in University Accommodation will be an exciting time, with new places to discover, new people to meet and a new culture to explore. As well as excitement, if you have not spent a lot of time in the UK before, it is natural to experience culture shock as you adapt to the differences from your home country.

After the initial exhilaration of your arrival, you may at times feel homesick, anxious, or crave familiar surroundings.  Understanding that you may experience these feelings will help you to overcome them and adapt to life in Wolverhampton.

Once you’ve arrived, the more you join in with University life, the more at home you are likely to feel. Here are some suggestions for settling in successfully:

  • Orientation sessions in January and September, offering a range of events to help you settle in and meet other new students, it including tours of the campus and city, and a range of social events.
  • Remember that you are not alone. Everyone living in University accommodation will be going through similar experiences, and talking to other students will help you to adjust. It is important to take regular time out from your studies to do something social, perhaps a sport or an activity such as debating.
  • Joining student societies can help you meet people who share you interests;  There will be a Welcome Fair soon after the start of term at which you can sign up for societies, or you can contact them by email for more information on how to join.
  • Integration is an on-going process, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself during your first few days following your arrival. It is never too late to get involved in societies, social events, volunteering or almost anything else you would like to try!

There is always someone to offer advice: The University Counselling Service can provide support if you are finding adjusting to life in Wolverhampton difficult.

Your Accommodation

Your Bedroom

During your time within the accommodation, your bedroom is your responsibility.  Whilst members of staff will have access to your bedroom, it will only be for the following reasons, with at least 24 hours’ notice given where possible.

  • Mid term inspections
  • Maintenance Inspections
  • Routine maintenance or repairs

Should you report a maintenance problem within your bedroom through the FixIt! Reporting system this gives members of staff permission to access your bedroom without providing 24 hours’ notice or you being present.  In case of emergency, members of staff may need to gain access to your bedroom immediately.  In these instances, 24 hours’ notice cannot be given.  This also refers to checks in the event of fire alarm activation.

Within your bedroom you will find the following; 

  • Desk
  • Chair
  • Wardrobe, including drawers
  • Bed Base
  • Mattress
  • Shelving
  • Sink (within standard accommodation)
  • Carpet
  • Curtains/Blinds

Bedroom & En suite

As an occupant, you will be responsible for cleaning your bedroom and en-suite (if applicable).  The cleaners will not do this for you.  Hoovers are available and each kitchen has a mop and bucket.

Communal Bathrooms

Occupants must ensure that the communal bathrooms are in an acceptable condition at all times.  Excessive mess or uncleanliness will be reported to Campus Operations and may not be cleaned by the staff.

Cleaning Services

Work on all sites generally between the hours of 8am & 3pm.  They will visit all areas sporadically to ensure that they are clean and hygienic.  The Cleaning Services staff have a weekly rota for their activities and perform tasks in your kitchens, communal bathrooms and corridors.  Staff will visit the bathrooms almost daily to checks its condition.

Condensation and Damp - Damp & Mould (PDF)

Banned Items

Students wishing to bring additional electrical cooking items (i.e. rice cookers, juicers, smoothie makers, sandwich toasters) should ensure that those items conform to current EU standards.  Items that do not conform to these standards will be confiscated.                    

  • If any student does not decide to brink any electrical equipment into accommodation, it is advised that they are PAT test for safety.  You can arrange this by contacting Accommodation Services.  There will be a small cost for this service if provided.
  • If items are deemed a risk to health, safety, welfare, or in conductive to communal living, they will be confiscated without notice and this will be construed as an automatic breach of the Licence Agreement.  Any Student(s) found using banned items may be subject to disciplinary action.

This may include loud stereo systems, speakers, television equipment and musical instruments.  This list is not exhaustive and items may be added to at the management’s discretion.

Items that are banned in accommodation & kitchen/communal areas are: 

  • Cooking appliances that do not conform to EU standards 
  • Kettles
  • Candles, Joss Sticks & Oil Burners
  • Smoking Equipment (such as bongs, sheesha, ashtrays, e-ciggarettes etc.)
  • Ceremonial knives
  • Electric & Halogen Heaters/Fans For safety reasons, portable Heaters and Fans are prohibited from use within the accommodation
  • Mini Fridges/Freezers (unless for medical reasons, but a Doctors letter must be provided for proof of requirement).

Items that are banned in kitchen/communal areas are: 

  • Deep-Fat Fryers
  • Chip Pans

Students are also not permitted to have posters in the corridors or on the front of bedroom doors.  This is a fire risk and any items will be removed by members of staff where necessary.

Online Shop

Not sure where to buy your student essentials? 

Looking to kit out your uni room? Check out our online shop for everything you need to make your new home, plus there's 10% your first order with the discount code WOLV18

Heating & Hot Water 

Hot Water

The hot water is on 24 hours a day, every day.  Please be careful when using as it can be very hot.


You can adjust the temperature in your rooms by turning the valve on the side of the radiator. If you cannot do this please contact the Campus reception.

The central heating pipes that run through most bedrooms are also very hot.  Be careful when you are near them.

The University complies with all Electricity and Gas Safety regulations and obtains the necessary certification on an annual basis.

Room heating operates from October until the spring.  The set times of the heating are:

Monday – Friday

  • 6.00am – 9.30am
  • 12.30pm – 1.30pm
  • 3.30pm – 11.00pm

Saturday and Sunday

  • 6.00am – 11.00am
  • 12.30pm – 1.30pm
  • 3.30pm – 11.00pm

The University aims to provide a minimum temperature of 19 deg C and a maximum temperature of 21 deg C.  Please remember the external temperature will also affect the timing of the heating.  If you feel your room is below this temperature you will need to contact the Campus Operations team.  They will arrange for a member of staff to check the temperature of your room and if it is below 19 deg C, this will be reported and rectified within the University set time scales.

Internet & Freewire TV 

The University provides networks for you to connect your own computer or other mobile devices to the internet.

  • The bedrooms at City, Walsall and Telford campuses have both wired Ethernet outlets and wireless available within the kitchens.
  • Wireless coverage and speed will vary.
  • These networks are available to use free of charge to students and are supported on a best effort basis.
  • Please note that home broadband routers do not work on either the wired or wireless networks.

What you need

Your computer can run Windows, Mac or Linux.  Games consoles and mobile phones can also be connected.

  • If you have a Windows computer, it is essential that your copy of Windows is Genuine and that it is kept up to date with Microsoft security patches, in order to comply with the security system that protects the University network.
  • You will need Antivirus software with a valid subscription in order to receive updates.  You will also need a firewall installed.

The University investigate copyright violations involving the distribution of software and films using Bit Torrent and other peer to peer products.  The downloading of media of this kind is illegal and a serious breach of copyright laws, in addition to being a violation of the terms and conditions of use.  Such activity is easy to monitor and trace and we warn those students engaged in it that the University will suspend IT access and pursue any infringements through the University disciplinary process.

Still need help?

You will receive a detailed guide in order to assist you in connecting to the network when you move into the accommodation.

For more information call 01902 321268 or see our halls network pages  

Freewire TV

The University provide a television service for students living within their accommodation, available via the wired internet connection on their PC or MAC.  This service provides a number of Freeview channels.  However, occupants will require a TV Licence to use this service legally.

For more information and guidance, please visit our web page  


Basic Contents insurance is included in your accommodation fees.  Please check that all of your possessions are adequately covered by this Policy.  Also note that in general, cover is only provided for losses occurring from your bedroom - if you lost something out in town, it would not be covered. 

Additional insurance is available for items that are not covered by the basic insurance.  Further information is available within the insurance leaflets at your reception or you can log onto the Endsleigh website.

Lost Property 

If you find any lost property, this should be handed in to a member of staff at your Campus Reception.

Consequently if you have misplaced anything in or around the accommodation please contact a member of staff at your Campus Reception to check if the item has been handed in.


Post is delivered to the postal boxes.

  • At City Campus they are located at the entrance of each accommodation block.
  • At Walsall Campus they are located in WA Building.
  • At Telford Campus they are located in Main Reception SA Building.
  • Registered letters and packages will only be given to the addressee on production of their University ID card and can be collected from the designated points.

Collection Times – Parcel and Packages only

  • City Campus MX Building Postal Room North Road - Monday - Friday - 9.00am-5.00pm
  • Walsall Campus Walsall Reception - Monday - Friday - 10.00am-1.15pm
  • Telford Campus Telford Reception - Monday - Friday - 10.00am-3.30pm

*These details are subject to change

British Culture

You may find UK culture very different to your home country. Some of the key features of British society you will encounter at University include:

  • Men and women have equal rights in the UK.
  • It is illegal to discriminate against anyone according to race, gender, age, class, sexual orientation or disability.
  • The UK has a relatively liberal attitude towards alcohol, gambling and clothing style but everyone in the UK is free to live by their own beliefs and you should not feel under pressure to adopt the behaviour or morals of UK students. It is common to order non-alcoholic drinks in a pub or bar.
  • Punctuality is important in the UK and you will be expected to be on time for lectures and seminars. If you cannot arrive on time for an appointment (e.g. doctor’s visit, meetings), let the people you are meeting with know as soon as you can.
  • You will be expected to read the written information you receive from the University, for example how to register and choose course units. It will not always be repeated face-to-face, so if there is ever anything you are not sure about, make sure to ask a member of staff.

Where to buy food and essential items

The cost of living in Wolverhampton is similar to most cities in the UK – apart from London which is a bit more expensive. As a student you will get to know where to shop and how to budget.

Prices are very different depending on where you shop and what products you buy. Supermarkets often have ‘own-label’ brands which are cheaper than more recognised brands. The shopping list below should give you an approximate idea of the cost of basic products in the UK from a supermarket.

Wolverhampton has a variety of major supermarkets including ASDA, Sainsbury’s and Tesco, cheaper supermarkets including Lidl and Aldi and premium supermarkets such as Waitrose and Marks & Spencer.

Here is an example of what a basic week's shopping will cost: 





2.5kg potatoes


Packet of mixed salad 


1kg onions 


1kg carrots 


Packet of chillies 




400g mushrooms


1 packet of chicken drumsticks


750g minced beef


1kg sausages


Tin of baked beans


Tin of sweetcorn


Tin of tomato soup


1kg long grain rice


500g pasta


900g frozen peas


500g margarine


6 medium eggs 


350g cornflakes


Loaf of bread 


1 jar of jam


1 packet of digestive biscuits 


80 teabags 


200g coffee 


1 litre of orange juice 


2 litres of cola 


2 pints of semi-skimmed milk


4 toilet rolls


Total = £31.31  (average cost of weekly shop purchasing supermarkets own brand)

Things you may buy monthly.





Washing powder


500ml washing-up liquid  








Shower gel


X4 bars of soap




Total = £9.75 (average cost of monthly goods purchasing supermarket own brands)

Meat fruit and vegetables can also be purchased from local council run markets. All Campuses have well known supermarkets convenientley located close by.

Other Purchases 

Accommodation Services offer you the opportunity to purchase various items such as Bed Linen, towels and kitchen utensils via the Accommodation Online Shop. This will save room in your case’s for other items and will be in your room on arrival. 

General Information

This section is designed to answer your questions about the practicalities of living away from home.

You can find out more about life in the UK by getting in touch through our social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter etc).

Council Tax

Council Tax is a local government tax to pay for public services (such as street lighting) and the amount charged is determined by the value of your home. The majority of students will not need to pay council tax.

Full-time students registered for more than six months are exempt from Council Tax, as are students living in University Accommodation.


British electricity works on 230 volts and most sockets take 13 amp fused plugs, with three square pins. If you will be bringing your own electrical equipment with you, make sure that it can be used safely on this voltage and find out whether you will need a UK adaptor.


Smoking is not allowed in enclosed public spaces like restaurants, lecture theatres, public transport and all University accommodation, as well as some outdoor public spaces, such as bus stops and train stations. You may be fined if you smoke in these places, or anywhere else displaying a ‘No Smoking’ sign.

Television Licence

In the UK all televisions must be licensed. There are various ways to purchase a license and the cost is £145.50 a year for a colour TV or £49.00 a year for a black and white TV. If you have a TV in your own room in accommodation you will have to purchase your own separate licence. Please consult the Television Licensing website for further information.


British toilets are the flushing, pedestal type. Toilet paper should be flushed away after use. Separate facilities are usually available for disabled persons and for baby changing.


British weather has a bit of a reputation, but we do enjoy a good summer over here! Wolverhampton has a temperate climate, with few extremes. Average summer temperatures of 15°C (59°F) and winter temperatures of 4°C(39°F) are occasionally raised or lowered for a week or two.

Light rain falls on around half of the days of the year, which can make it feel colder in winter. Despite this, British weather can be unpredictable, and a rainy morning often turns in a beautiful, clear blue day. For accurate weather information please refer to the Met Office

Electoral Registration

Occupants are expected to make their own arrangements to register for voting purposes.  An electoral role form can be collected from your campus’s main reception – don’t lose you’re right to vote!! 


You can be fined on the spot if you are caught littering in public areas; this includes any type of material that you would normally consider as litter such as cig butts and cans but may also include urinating and spitting. You could be fined £75 for such an act and if you do not pay this you could end up in Court and be faced with a conviction and fine that could cost you up to £2,500. Please visit for more information. 


Please check your immigration documents carefully to make sure they are valid for study in the UK.  It is your responsibility to ensure you are studying at University legally, but the International Office can help you.

Your Passport and ID card

Most International students will have a visa printed in their passport. You will be given an ID card if you choose to extend your stay in the UK. Your visa will say how long you are allowed to stay for, if you are allowed to work and when. If you are required to report to the police it will be stated here.

If you lose your passport or ID card you should report it to the police immediately.

  • They will give you a crime reference number
  • You must also report a lost or stolen ID card to the UK Border Agency by calling 0300 123 2412 and apply for a replacement within three months.

If you lose your passport, or if it expires while you are in the UK, you must tell your country’s embassy.  They will be able to arrange for it to be renewed or replaced.  A list of embassies is on the International Student Intranet.

Extending your visa

You may need to extend your visa because you have completed one course and want to start a new one, or because you have been unable to finish your present course for different reasons. Information on how to extend your visa is e-mailed regularly to all International students and is on the International Student Intranet. 

Registering with the police

Not all International students need to register with the police. If you do it will say in your passport or ID card (if you have one). It currently costs £34.00 to register with the police. The police will need to keep your passport in order to register you.  You will be given a receipt and allowed access to your documents should you need them.  However, please register with a bank before registering with the police. Once you have registered with the police, always let the police know about any changes to your circumstances.

Student Centre

Your Student Centre offers advice, information and support for many of your queries, questions and concerns. We can help with the administration and organisation of your time at University – from enrolment and module registration; assignment submission; assessment and result queries; right through to Graduation. You can also come to talk to us if things are starting to go wrong and you are not sure who else to talk to.

The main thing to remember is that you are not alone. Each year, approximately 7000 students join this University and each of them will be going through the same anxieties and concerns as you.  We are here to ensure that your transition into higher education is as smooth as possible.  If in doubt, ask – no question is too small or too silly (and you probably won’t be the first to ask it).


Student Centres can be found in the following locations:

MX Building, City Campus

  • All Student Office services for students from University Wolverhampton Business School; School of Art & Design; and School of Health and Wellbeing
  • All finance enquiries: financial support, cashier’s office, Access to Learning Fund enquiries.
  • All International Student Support enquiries;  advice and information for current international students – including visa and immigration advice

 MI Building, City Campus

  • All Student Office services for students from School of Science and Engineering; and School of Law, Social Sciences & Communications
  • All enquiries and support from the Student Enabling Centre (for students with sensory, physical or specific learning difficulties.

WA Building, Walsall Campus

  • All Student Office services for students from School for Education Futures; School of Sports, Performing Arts and Leisure; and School of Health and Wellbeing

For the latest events and information about what's happening in Accommodation, Sports and Catering check out WLVCampusLife!