Biological sciences' Links with industry
We have collaborative links with a number of key industries from the Food Standards Agency to the Environmental Protection Agency and undertake consultancy work in areas of nutrition, peptide design and development of molecular molecules.
Collaborative links that have involved all areas of biological sciences (Biology & Environmental Health) are:
- Glaxo Smith Kline
- Food Standards Agency
- Randers Regnskov
- All local authority environmental health departments/units within the West Midlands Region.
- The London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Barking and Dagenham.
- Health Protection Agency, West Mids
- The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, (for which a member of staff is a Trustee, representing the West Midlands)
- WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme, Government Agency)
- Tidy Britain Group
- Environmental Protection Agency
Consultancy within the Biological Sciences subject group includes:
2009 – 2012 Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with Crestwood Environmental Ltd for the development of bioaerosol monitoring methods.
2007 - 2009 Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with Rozone Ltd for the development of microbiological pollution control systems. Completed – awarded Certificate of Excellence project rating ‘Outstanding’.2006 Pathogen Exposure during Jetting - Risk Evaluation. Research consultancy with Whale Tankers Ltd.
2006 Evaluation of effect of moisture on soluble plastic bags as a barrier to S.aureus and motile E. coli. Research consultancy with Acedag Ltd.
2005 Feasibility study for the biodegradative removal of oil pollutants from sweepings. Enviro-Innovate project with Rozone Ltd
2005, Further work to investigate spoilage of detergent cleaner. RozoneEnviro-Innovate project with Rozone LtdIf you wish to know more about our links with industry then please contact us.