The course will:
- Provide a global perspective on emergency and disaster management
- Facilitate intellectual development and independent learning by providing access to career-related cognitive and interpersonal skills and developing of a range of transferable skills.
- Create a dynamic learning environment where students have the opportunity to share their experiences and work with each other which facilitates enhanced communication, team working, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Allow students to effectively plan and co-ordinate their own learning through the production of a comprehensive Personal Development Plan (PDP). The PDP includes personal analysis of the learner’s current academic strengths and weaknesses and a statement of their career plans and objectives.
- Offer the opportunity to develop an understanding of the contribution that research can make to improve emergency and disaster management practice, resilience, and support the development of good practice within organisations engaged with civil protection.
- Allow students to research, plan and implement a work-based project.