Wolverhampton School of Art / Facilities
The Wolverhampton School of Art has a long standing history of excellence in Arts education and offers a broad range of courses. Self-contained over nine floors in an iconic, architectural landmark – right in the heart of Wolverhampton.
The purpose-built George Wallis building houses all of our Art, Design and Media courses and contains every resource imaginable to enable students to explore, experiment and create. With outstanding facilities, including purpose-built workshops, specialist equipment and dedicated studio spaces.
The perfect environment for creativity to flourish.
Our specialist facilities include:
- Exceptional 3D Design facilities including six fully equipped specialist workshops, offering an extensive range of materials and processes for wood, metal and plastics. With specialist provision for Laser Cutting, 3D Printing and jewellery and silversmithing – every process imaginable to fully realise all of your creative ambitions.
- Outstanding Fashion and Textiles facilities including: a designated pattern cutting area and industry steam press, dye facilities and hand screen print facility. Other specialist equipment includes: a facility to tuft full scale rugs a full set of millinery equipment and computerised embroidery machinery.
- Excellent Animation, Computer Games Design, Media Film and Television Production facilities including dedicated studios with workstations running industry standard software, a motion capture suite, a purpose-built media suite, TV studios and a sound-booth with full recording capabilities.
- Industry level Graphic Design and Illustration facilities including Apple Macintosh workstations running industry-standard design software – integrated within a professional studio set up. Alongside spaces for creation, discussion and presentation.
- Amongst the best equipped Ceramics and Glass facilities in the UK and Europe. Providing students with the opportunity to experience a broad range of techniques in order to realise their creative aspirations.
- Spacious Fine Art studios flooded with natural light from a curtain of glass offering panoramic views of the city and the landscape beyond. In addition to some of the best Printmaking facilities available with dedicated intaglio (Collagraphy, Drypoint, Etching, Mezzotint), relief (Linocut, Woodcut) and Screenprinting studios/workshops.
- Some of the best photography facilities available anywhere in the UK. Both analogue and digital photographic practices are equally represented with traditional darkrooms (for black & white and full colour processing), a dedicated digital editing suite and a large photo studio with vehicle access – should you need it.
Study with us
We offer a number of undergaraduate and postgraduate courses, covering a variety of subjects in Art, Design and Media
- BA (Hons) Animation
- BA (Hons) Computer Games Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion
- BA (Hons) Film and Television Production
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BDes (Hons) Furniture Design
- BA (Hons) Glass and Ceramics
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design.
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BDes (Hons) Interior Design
- BA (Hons) Media
- BA (Hons) Media, Film and Television Studies
- BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BDes (Hons) Product Design
- BA (Hons) Textiles and Surface Pattern
Design and Applied Arts
- MA Design and Applied Arts
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Ceramics)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Fashion)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Glass)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Interior Design)
- MA Design and Applied Arts (Textiles)
Digital and Visual Communications
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Animation)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Computer Games Design)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Design for Advertising)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Graphic Communication)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Illustration)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Multimedia Design)
- MA Digital and Visual Communications (Photography)