We have excellent links with local employers and community organisations which can give you a great chance to develop the skills, attributes and experience that you need to pursue your career. Add value to your time at the university by taking up some of the opportunities on offer.
We will help you to:
- Develop employability skills
- Gain relevant experience
- Build a portfolio of evidence
- Research career choices and prepare for employment
Develop employability skills
Proficiency in skills such as team-working, communication, numeracy and IT is the expected baseline for any graduate. The assessment methods used on your course are designed to develop and extend these skills. Working to deadlines will improve your time management, prioritising and planning skills. Find out more about Employability and Enterprise at the University of Wolverhampton.
Get relevant experience
Research career choices and prepare for employment
- The University's Careers, Enterprise and the Workplace service is here to help you find out more about your chosen career, search for jobs, prepare you for CV writing and interviews, and much more.
Challenge yourself and get involved (...that something extra)
The CBI identifies the most important graduate attributes as "a positive attitude, [a] willingness to take part and openness to new activities and ideas".
The University of Wolverhampton is a great place to open yourself to new experiences and new ways of thinking. Graduates who can operate in the global market are highly sought after by employers. You can improve your international and cultural awareness by:
- Studying a foreign language - you can choose from many different languages, studying them as part of your course or just for fun.
- Studying abroad - all undergraduates have the opportunity to spend a semester or a year abroad as part of their degree programme.
- Developing your Entrepreneurial skills - if you have an idea for starting your own business, we can help you make that business a reality.
Building a portfolio of evidence
It is crucial that you can articulate and showcase your talents to potential employers. We can show you ways of building your portfolio of evidence, for example through the use of Pebble Pad, an online planning and recording tool.