The School of Performing Arts has an impressive history shaped by contemporary arts practice.
We offer a broad range of degree courses at our Walsall campus. Whether your passion is for dance, drama, music or musical theatre; outstanding courses, excellent teaching, first-rate facilities, regular student performances and a dynamic and challenging environment make studying a degree in performing arts a fantastic and rewarding experience.
- Housed in state-of-the-art facilities with purpose-built rehearsal and performance spaces and professional recording technology; five large teaching and performance studios with Harlequin floors and lighting rigs, fully-equipped band rehearsal rooms, mac labs and individual instrumental/vocal rehearsal spaces.
- Students regularly perform at the University’s Black Box and Arena theatres as well as venues outside the University including The Jam House.
- One of only a handful of UK institutions with prestigious ‘All-Steinway’ status.
- A leading centre of Dance Science research.
- Member of the Musical Theatre Network.
- Houses the Centre for Creativity, History and Identity in Performance.
- A partner of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
- Validated by industry-leading bodies: Music Technology and Joint Audio Media and Education Support (JAMES).