Take a look at our Undergraduate courses in the School of Humanities...
- Our courses are global in scope and take pride in reflecting diversity.
- We have had 100% NSS Overall Satisfaction rating for English for two years running.
- We have high graduate employability rates: e.g. Creative and Professional Writing and English 100%; English 100% (DHLE Survey 2015-16).
- Our teaching takes place in lectures, seminars, on stage, and in a range of stimulating spaces and formats.
- In 2018 we appointed a 50th Anniversary Chair in English, Professor Sebastian Groes and a 2018 BBC New Generation Thinker: Dr Daisy Black.
- All our courses are taught by world-class researchers, published writers, visiting lecturers from a range of industries and internationally-renowned authors.
- We host the Centre for Transnational and Transcultural Research promoting research in English Studies and Comparative Literature, European Studies, Linguistics, Religion, Cultural Heritage and Creative Writing.
- In 2018 we validated the UK’s first 3-year degree in BA(Hons)English with Secondary Education (with recommended for Qualified Teaching Status)
- We have hosted the prestigious Royal Institute of Philosophy public lectures.
- We co-organise and contribute to the annual Wolverhampton Literature Festival, Verve Poetry Festival, the Much Wenlock Poetry Festival and Birmingham Literature Festival.
- We staged an international symposium on Humour and Laughter in July 2018.