The objective of the Cluster is to contribute to the theory and practice in relation to corporate governance and sustainability.
The Corporate Governance and Sustainability Cluster (CGS) focuses on cutting-edge issues of business in society. The cluster is led by Professor Sibel Yamak, Dr Roya Rahimi, and Dr. Michael A. Ogunseyin. The cluster captures common interests and approaches of researchers by fostering exchange and collaboration. Research projects are developed to apply for funding, creating opportunities for research mentoring, and leadership experience.
The aims of the CGS cluster are to:
- Bring together and provide a supportive and stimulating collegial context for researchers, postgraduate students, and postdoctoral fellows working on topics of common or related interest.
- To conduct and promote responsible research in line with the principles of Responsible Research in Business and Management Network.
- To attract internal and external research funding for collaborative research with societal impact
- To promote innovative work among its members’ spheres of specialism and support their career development.
- To engage with the business community to promote good governance and sustainability practices.
- To conduct multi-disciplinary research on sustainable businesses/organisations in resource-constrained economies.
- Business and Sustainability
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Environment and Social Reporting
- Role of Business in Prosperous Green Economies
- Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainability in SMEs
- Comparative Corporate Governance
- Governance of Different Organisations
- Board Task and Performance
- Board Behaviour
- Personality Traits of Directors and Board Effectiveness
- Antecedents and Consequences of Board Diversity
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Business Elites
- Business and State Relations
- Business and International Development