Corporate Governance and Ethics Research Cluster (CGE)
The Corporate Governance and Ethics Cluster focuses on cutting-edge issues of business in society. The cluster is led by Professor Sibel Yamak.
- Engagement with the business community to promote good governance practices.
- The conduct of multi-disciplinary research on business success in resource-constrained economies.
- The promotion of research directed at improving board efficiency and effectiveness.
The cluster is comprised of research active staff, honorary and visiting fellows, and doctoral students. Current research areas are identified below. Researchers are currently working with a range of organisations from the private, public and voluntary sectors in the UK and overseas. We regularly host seminars featuring international academics and directors from UK businesses.
- Board tasks and performance
- Boards and dynamic capabilities
- Business and sustainability
- Business and international development
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Consequences of board diversity
- Comparative corporate governance
- Environmental and social reporting
- Governance of intellectual property rights
- Personality traits of directors and board effectiveness
- Role of business in prosperous green economies