Football and War Network
The network is made up of historians of war with an interest in football, and football club historians. It aims to brings together historians from the academic and football worlds so that for the first time all the academic, practitioner and fan research centred around football, war and history can link up.
We will research, discuss and disseminate subjects such as:
- football and the two world wars
- footballers involved in armed conflict
- football clubs and their relationship with the armed forces
- social impact of football on the populace during times of war
- the military and political implications of the role of footballers and football clubs during times of armed conflict.
The initial period to be examined will be from 1900-1965.
*Check out our Resources section, for a comprehensive reference list*
Images courtesy of the National Football Museum.