Dr Robin Gutteridge
Qualifications: PhD, MA, CPsychol, BACP, Cert Ed (FE)
Role: Consultant in Health and Wellbeing -Cross School Collaborative role
Originally a physiotherapist, Robin is a Chartered Psychologist and an experienced teacher, researcher and mentor.
Her work as a Consultant in Health and Wellbeing involves building effective partnerships between the University and Health and Social Care sectors, including service users and carers and the Voluntary Community and Faith Sector.
Robin has an MA in Gerontology a PhD in Applied Social Studies. In her spare time, Robin practices as a counsellor and psychosexual therapist for individuals and couples. Her research interests encompass a range of topics related to health and wellbeing and learning and teaching.
Academic CV (Opens in a new window. PDF.96.3KB)
Short CV (Opens in a new window. PDF.255KB)
- Hunt L., McGee P., Gutteridge R., Hughes M., (2012). "Assessment of student nurses in practice: A comparison of theoretical and practical assessment results in England" Nurse Education Today, 32 (2012) 351–355, doi:10.1016/j.nedt.2011.05.010.
- Netwon et al (2011) Newton et al 2011 - No room for reflexivity online version.pdf Journal of Health Psychology, 17(6).
- Hunt L., McGee P., Gutteridge R., Hughes M., (2011). "Assessment of student nurses in practice.pdf", Nurse Education Today, doi:10.1016/j.nedt.2011.05.010.
- Lillyman S., Gutteridge R., Berridge P.,(2011). "Using a Storyboarding technique.pdf, Nurse Education in Practice, 11 (2011) 179-185.
- Gutteridge R, Dobbins K., (2010). "Service User and Carer involvement in teaching.pdf", Nurse Education Today, 30, p509–514.
- NHS West Midlands 2010. A strategic partnership approach to improving health and wellbeing in NHS staff. 389k for one year PI.
- NHS West Midlands 2010. Successful tender for the Provision of a NMC approved ‘Return to Practice’ Course for General Practice Nursing. 15 k Co-applicant.
- Skills for Care. 2010. Successful tender for provision of Qualifications and Accredited Learning supporting the Newly Qualified Social Worker (NQSW) Framework in adult services.25k Co – Applicant.
- West Midlands Central HIEC: member of the bid development team successfully awarded £1million over two years. Leading on the Chronic Kidney Disease workstream, working with the WM renal Network on a pathway redesign to increase home delivery of Haemo-and Peritoneal dialysis Co-Applicant.
- NHS West Midlands 2009: Black Country Partnership, Project 9 Transforming the Workforce for care Closer to Home. 300k for one year. Co-Applicant.