If you have an idea for a project or research proposal, but you don’t know which organisations might be interested in funding the activity, you can contact your Funding Information and Research Officer (FIRO), who will offer advice and guidance, and support you to conduct funding searches using our funding database subscriptions. They can also provide training on these databases to enable you to get the most out of them.
The more your FIRO knows about your research interests or project ideas, the more they can tailor searches to help you find the right funder.
FIROs can also work with Research Groups to help develop funding plans to support you to identify the funding routes and options that you may, collectively, wish to target over a 3 – 5 year period.
There are 2 FIROs in PSO, each aligned with 2 Faculties and 1 Research Institute:
- Vicky Brett provides support for FSE, FoSS and RIHS.
- Catherine Sillitoe provides support for FEHW, FoA and RIILP
What we do to help
The Project Bidding Development team provide advice and guidance for your commercial and research projects:
- We work with you to develop your applications by providing advice and guidance
- Support you through the submission process of both the University and Funder
- Our specialities are based around the funding streams; we will partner you with to the most suitable bid developer depending on the funding stream you are applying to and type of bid you are intending to submit.
- Central hub of expertise for bidding and grant applications
'our knowledge and understanding of income opportunities and future developments will strengthen your chance of success'
The Project Support Office subscribe to a number of funding databases and organisations in order to be able to effectively support bidding activity.
If you would like us to search for funding for you, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Project Support Office Team by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01902 32 3864.
As a University, we subscribe to some online resources where all staff can set up accounts. You can subscribe to the websites below to search funding opportunities and policy news and, to set up alerts which are customised to your needs.
Research Professional and Funding Insight
The University of Wolverhampton has an institutional subscription to Research Professional which is a large searchable research funding database covering a broad range of disciplines and a new service, Funding Insight. Funding Insight contains useful resources to support bid development including 'know how' guides and interviews with successful bidders and those who will be assessing submissions. In addition to providing searchable funding opportunities, registered users can subscribe to receive regular newsletters and ‘funding alerts’ covering issues affecting the international research community.
You can access the website from on a University Campus without registering but will not be able to customise and save information.
You can register via the Research Professional website
Guides and support for getting started with Research Professional can be accessed here
The UK Research Office (UKRO)
The UK Research Office (UKRO) is the European office of the UK Research Councils.
UKRO’s mission is to promote effective UK engagement in EU research, innovation and higher education activities, by:
- Enabling the UK research community to make informed decisions about participation in EU programmes and to maximise the opportunities available to them;
- Supporting UK input into European research policy development and implementation through informing and interfacing with the appropriate bodies; and
- Developing and maintaining a suite of quality services that meet the evolving needs of sponsors and subscribers.
The Office operates on a membership basis, receiving subscriptions from universities and other research organisations in the UK, as well from some non-UK organisations.
The University of Wolverhampton are a subscribing member so staff can register and use the subscriber services section of the website, browse EU funding opportunities and policy updates and, set up alerts.
Register at www.ukro.ac.uk
A guide to support you in getting started can be accessed here
GrantFinder is a one-stop-shop of funding information, a service that contains thousands of funding opportunities. As well as research and development opportunities, there are a wide range of projects including facilities build, partnership working, business and community engagement, spin-off support and more. Use GrantFinder to keep up to date with the latest funding updates, set up email alerts and news alerts to receive regular updates on new and relevant funds.