Apprenticeships in Education, Health and Wellbeing: Opening Doors at the University of Opportunity
- When? 13 October 2020 - 13 October 2020 , 09:00 - 17:30
- Where? Online
Find out more about the Higher and Degree Apprenticeships that are currently being offered and in development at the Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing at the University of Wolverhampton; programme structure, curriculum, content, requirements for employers, requirements for apprentices, recruitment timelines, admission and contracting process. Information about the Apprenticeship Levy, non-Levy employers, gifting the levy, sub-contracting.
Subject-specific workshops will be held throughout the day and delegates can 'drop-in' for sessions most relevant to their profession or attend for the whole day to access information relating to funding, contracting and workforce development.
The event is aimed at:
- Employers who are already supporting apprentices on Teaching, Nursing Associate, Registered Nurse Degree, and Social Work Apprenticeship programmes at the University of Wolverhampton. Employers interested in future apprenticeships being offered within the Faculty; Advanced Clinical Practitioner, District Nurse, Public Health Practitioner, Specialist Community and Public Health Nurse, Midwife, Occupational Therapist.
- Prospective/new employers who wish to explore current and future apprenticeship programmes offered by the Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing.
- NHS organisations, GP practices, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), Nursing Homes, Independent Health/Social Care providers, prospective applicants working in healthcare/social care settings, Care Organisations.
- Potential applicants who are interested in completing an apprenticeship at the University of Wolverhampton within the Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing.
Agenda: Full schedule to be confirmed - workshops for each subject area will be available throughout the day. Attendees can 'drop-in' for the workshop most relevant to their profession.
Speaker: Jackie Mitchell, Head of Academic Development - Apprenticeships, Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing, University of Wolverhampton