Library Management System maintenance Thursday 7th AprilArticle date: Monday 04 April 2016
Our library management system is scheduled for essential maintenance on the morning of Thursday 7th April.
Due to essential maintenance of our library management system, there will likely be some disruption with certain library functionality on Thursday 7th April between 08:00 – 10:00.
What does this mean for you?
Finding books and journals:
- You will be able to search Summon, the library catalogue, and access electronic resources as usual.
- Summon will not display information about individual printed books, including shelf marks or availability. You will be able to browse the shelves as usual but it may be harder to find specific items.
- You will not be able to reserve books.
- You will not be able to renew books online via ‘My Account’ but will be able to do so using our telephone renewal service (01902 321333) by leaving a message on the answer machine.
- You will not be able to pay fines.
The following services are unaffected:
- Borrowing and returning books via our self-service machines
- Learning Centre room bookings
- Study spaces
- PCs, printing and photocopying within the Learning Centres
- Online access to around 43,000 eBooks, 20,000 e-journals and 150 databases available 24 hours a day from anywhere
We apologise for any disruption caused and thank you for your patience.
Please speak to Learning Centre staff if you require any more information or assistance.