Library Management System maintenance Friday 21 NovemberArticle date: Friday 14 November 2014
Our library management system is scheduled for essential maintenance on Friday 21 November between 20:00 – 00:00.
Due to essential maintenance of our library management system, there will be intermittent issues with certain library functionality on Friday 21 November between 20:00 – 00:00.
What does this mean for you?
Finding books and journals:
- You will be able to search Summon, the library catalogue, and access electronic resources as usual.
- Summon will not display information about individual printed books, including shelf marks or availability. You will be able to browse the shelves as usual but it may be harder to find specific items.
- You will not be able to reserve books.
- You will still be able to borrow and return books via our self-service machines at Harrison and Walsall learning centres.
- You will not be able to renew books online via ‘My Account’ but will be able to do so using our telephone renewal service (01902 321333), or in the learning centre on our self-issue machines.
- You will not be able to pay fines online but payments can be made at self-service PC’s in the Learning Centres.
The following services are unaffected:
- Learning Centre room bookings
- Study spaces
- PCs, printing and photocopying within the Learning Centres
- Online access to around 43,000 eBooks, 20,000 e-journals and 150 databases available 24 hours a day from anywhere
We apologise for any disruption caused and thank you for your patience.
Please speak to Learning Centre staff if you require any more information or assistance.comments powered by Disqus