Facilities and accessibility
We understand that all students’ needs are different. Here are some of the ways we can support you:
In the library
- A range of study spaces including;
- social learning areas for group study. Mobile phone use is permitted; noise should be kept to a reasonable level
- quiet study areas where quiet discussion is permitted. Mobiles and other devices should be set to silent
- silent study areas for individual work only
- bookable study spaces. Pods, group and single study rooms can be booked online.
Please respect the rights of other users by observing the rules of each study area.
Please clear away your rubbish when you leave. Recycling points are provided on each floor.
- JAWS screen reading software is available on PCs in Harrison, Walsall, and Hutchison libraries
- A range of accessibility and other software is available through AppsAnywhere
- If you are registered with Student Support and Wellbeing (SSW), you will be entitled to extended loan periods. This means you will also have longer to return a book that has been requested
- Books can be requested via LibrarySearch so they are ready for collection ahead of your visit
- Where possible, we also have electronic access to core module texts, which can be used with screen reading software.