Facilities and Accessibility
We understand that all students’ needs are different. Here are some of the ways we can support you:
In the library
We have a range of study spaces and environments including;
social learning areas for discussion, collaboration and group working
quiet study area for a calmer study environment with fewer distractions
silent study areas for concentration and focused study
- We also have bookable study spaces which include spaces for group work as well as individual private study. These can all be booked online.
The Library will also be introducing various Wellbeing spaces to provide a calmer breakout area for when you need to give yourself a break from focused study.
Please respect the rights of other users by observing the rules of each study area.
Please clear away your rubbish when you leave. Recycling points are provided on each floor.
A range of assistive applications and other software is available through AppsAnywhere on all library PCs. This includes:
- Screen reading / Text-To-Speech (TTS): Allows on-screen text to be read aloud
- Screen-tint: Alter the on-screen colours to make text easier to read
- Focus Assistants: Zoom in or highlight the area of the screen on which you need focus
- Where possible, we also have electronic access to core module texts, which can be used with screen reading software.
- If you are registered with Student Support and Wellbeing (SSW), you will be entitled to extended loan periods. This means you will also have longer to return a book that has been requested
- We offer a Click and Collect book request service. All you have to do is find the book(s) using LibrarySearch, select ‘request’ and then select the library that you would like to collect the item from. Our library team will check the for your requested item(s) multiple times a day and then email you to let you know that it is ready to collect.