We recognise that students’ requirements differ. These are some of the ways we offer support:
- Wheelchair/mobility-impaired access to all libraries; lifts equipped with low placed buttons, Braille and a voice floor announcement system (except at Burton, where a fetch and carry service is available).
- Well-spaced shelving and staff who are happy to assist those who cannot reach higher shelves
- PCs available at table height, and height adjustable tables
- Electronic access to all new stock purchased, wherever available
- Digitisation of texts and access to screen reading software
- Larger study carrels at some sites, which allow wheelchair access
- Accessible toilets
- Marked safety refuges in the case of fire
- Tailored induction sessions provided in request
- Librarians are available to chat online 24/7 using our ASSIST service
- The LibrarySearch catalogue can be accessed from your home PC, providing access to electronic content, and allowing requests to be made so that items are collected from the shelf for you ahead of your visit
- Assistance is available over the telephone on 01902 321333 (or 0845 408 1631) and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We work closely with colleagues in Student Support and Wellbeing as well as Faculty Enabling Tutors.