Thailand Flag


If you are considering joining us from Thailand, you are close to choosing a University and city that have a lot to offer during your time away from home.

Whatever your chosen degree or subject, you’ll be welcomed by friendly, knowledgeable staff and students from the UK and overseas. Make new friends in and out of lectures, remembering to check in with the Students’ Union for details of various activities, sports and societies

Wolverhampton is a bustling multi-cultural city with a great mix of restaurants, entertainment venues, and places of worship so you are sure to find something to occupy any free time you have after studying!

Entry requirements for students from Thailand

International Foundation Year

Students with the Maw 6 or Certificate of Vocational Education with at least 50% in each subject would be eligible for the International Foundation Year.

IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in all components is also required. 


An Advanced Diploma/Associate Degree with a GPA of 2.0 or grade C  is eligible for entrance onto the second year of bachelor programmes.

The Higher Diploma of Technical Education / Higher Diploma of Vocational Education with a minimum GPA of 2.0 is eligible for the final year of bachelor programmes.


Students who have completed degree with a minimum of four years from a NARIC or government recognised institution can normally be considered for admission onto a Master’s degree:

A GPA of 3.0 or B is considered comparable to a UK 2:1

A GPA of 2.0 or C is considered comparable to a UK 2:2

A GPA of less than 2.0 or lower than grade C is considered comparable to a UK 3 and would require the completion of a pre-masters course. 

English Language Requirements

English language requirements vary by course and department but the standard University requirement is 6.0 with 5.5 in every component in IELTS or the same scores in the University's own entry test, the Wolverhampton English Proficiency Examination (WEPE).

Some courses may require a higher level of English language proficiency than the University standard requirements. For details of each programme's English language requirement please see the individual course pages.

Please see the most commonly accepted English Language International Qualifications.

Country Specific Border Requirements

Tuberculosis (TB) certificate required.