Biometric Residence Permit

If you have applied for your visa from outside the UK, and your course is longer than 6 months, you will be given a temporary travel permit inside your passport instead of a visa to cover the length of your course. This travel permit enables you to travel to the UK and it is expected that you will pick up your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) shortly after arriving in the UK.

For details on how and when to collect please see our Collecting your Biometric Residence Permit webpage.