Angela joined the university in 2012 to contribute to the further enhancement of language teaching and language-related projects. Angela is fluent in French, Spanish and Italian and is an ECQA Certified EU Project Manager.
As Acting Principal of the International Academy, Angela manages strategy and policy development and oversees the financial budget management. In addition, overseeing, monitoring and supporting the day-to-day operations of the Academy including the supervision and management of staff.
Angela is also responsible for:
- Further developing and promoting the regional, national and international profile of the International Academy, its facilities and its services, and identifying opportunities for its development
- Coordinating the design, development and delivery of events and courses for national, European and international audiences
- Developing meaningful and constructive links with educational providers in the sector across all phases and geographical reach, in line with school, European and curriculum specific priorities
- Managing and delivering EU and UK projects including: bid writing, project management for international and trans-national projects and budget management.
- Leading on the Modern Foreign Language provision to oversee the University Wide Language Programme for accredited and non-accredited Languages across the university
- Developing links with education and business providers in the sector and participate in language initiatives such as Routes into Languages