Teacher Development and TEFL Teacher Training courses
The TEFL Teacher Training and Teacher Development courses enable teachers of English from around the world to experience English language first hand and reflect upon their own teaching methodology.
Participants are given the opportunity to:
- Develop strategies for teaching large and small groups of students
- Acquire new skills and reflect upon their use in the classroom
- Practise and improve their own English language in an English-speaking environment
- Learn about the English speaking world at first hand
In addition to intensive teaching and methodology sessions, you will have access to our electronic learning resources.
- E-books, journals and databases
- A wide range of IT resources
- The University of Wolverhampton's Virtual Learning environment (VLE).
On our UK-based courses, you will also be able to:
- Enjoy an extensive and varied social and cultural programme, including trips around the UK
- Listen to guest speakers on a range of cultural and academic subjects
- Learn about the UK learning environment through educational visits
The Teacher Development course includes:
- British education, language and culture
- Evidenced based methods for teaching skills and language
- Course/syllabus design, lesson planning and target setting
- Speaking skills, teaching vocabulary and fluency.
Teacher Development course information:
- 2 weeks, 40 hours of teaching input
- Birmingham Airport pick up (minimum group of 5)
- 4 organised excursions to places of cultural interest in the UK
- Start date - due to the Coronavirus outbreak please email the Course Leader firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: £990.00 - please note this cost is for 2020 and may change to rise with inflation (cost includes accommodation, but excludes food).
- Upper intermediate (B2) speakers - Proficient (C2)
- Experienced teachers hoping to develop their knowledge and skills
- English language teachers in secondary, tertiary and adult sectors
Accommodation is provided near to the teaching rooms at the International Academy, Priorslee Hall Telford Innovation Campus.
Whilst staying at the International Academy at Telford Innovation Campus you will enjoy a good standard of accommodation which provides:
- Your own private bedroom with en-suite and Wi-Fi access
- Shared kitchen and living area (with utensils supplied) in which 4-7 students can relax, cook and eat
- Bed linen provided and changed weekly
- Use of the self-laundry facilities
- accommodation blocks are just a short walk away from your classes
- We have a 24 hour emergency contact number
- frequent and cheap buses run to Telford Town Centre where you will find many shops, ice-rink, restaurants, bowling alley, IMax Theare and a lovely town park
As well as the facilities in your Halls of Residence, you will also have use of the social area in Priorslee Hall with:
- Table tennis
- TVs and games consoles
- Outdoor sports field and hard court basketball/tennis area
- Outdoor trim track
We can also provide bespoke courses for closed groups (minimum number of 12)
To apply for the TEFL teacher training and teacher development course at the International Academy, University of Wolverhampton, please email the Course Leader:
Mr Adam Yardley
Tel: +44 (0) 1902 323370
Tel: +44 (0) 1902 322525