Formally known as the Study Year Abroad (UK) programme, the Study Semester Abroad Programme enables students from other universities the opportunity to study a semester in English or the academic subject in the context of a modern British university for one semester.
At the International Academy of the University of Wolverhampton, the Study Semester Abroad students will be taught on degree courses by highly qualified staff in classes where they will interact with British and international students. They will be able to take advantage of the facilities of a modern British university while experiencing life in a cosmopolitan city at the heart of the United Kingdom.
Benefits of the Study Semester Abroad Programme
- Study modules on a British university undergraduate degree course
- Gain credits from your home university OR study with us post-graduation
- Develop your language and academic skills in an immersive environment
- Travel around Britain and make new friends from the UK and around the world
- Great social programme - including volunteering, and trips
- Experience living in another culture and develop the confidence that comes with greater independence
The University of Wolverhampton offers a wide range of courses aimed at the needs of today’s students. In recent years, courses which have been popular with students include the following:
The student will take a total of 3 accredited modules during their semester of study; two subjects based and one English and academic skills based. They can choose to study 2 modules from any undergraduate degree course. Before arriving students can look through the under graduate course finder to find first and second year modules that may interest them. Students will then be guided in their choice by their university tutors on arrival. In addition to these modules international students will take an entry test. This entry test helps in guiding the student on to an appropriate English and academic skills module for their level. At the end of their time with us the students will get a full transcript of their results that can contribute towards the home universities award or work as a stand-alone certificate.
How it works – course possibilities in 2017/18
Those students wishing to study two academic modules need English level equivalent to TOEFL 525 (IELTS 5.5). Students whose English level is below will need to take a preparatory English language course first or choose English only modules.
|Study Programme||Start Dates||Finish Date||Prices|
|Semester 1 Academic Programme
24th September 2018
|15th January 2019
||£3,380 (excluding accommodation)
|Semester 2 Academic Programme
14th January 2019
|13th May 2019
||£3,380 (excluding accommodation)
The Study Semester Abroad programme is available exclusively to students on a Short Term Study Visa. This visa is less costly and bureaucratic than a Tier 4 Visa, however it does mean that study time is restricted to a maximum of one semester of academic study, or 6 months in total and does not allow for paid work. Find out more about VISAS.
We want our students to have the best possible time with us and to facilitate their social and personal development we offer the following:
- Supportive Student Union - the Students' Union helps run events, clubs and societies, find out more.
- Trips and Tours - the International Centre also runs regular optional trips and tours that give international students the opportunity to visit different places and make new friendships. Trips include, Paris, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Liverpool and many more.
- Volunteering - volunteering helps students gain skills and experiences whilst building their resume. Find out more about volunteering at the University of Wolverhampton.
Wolverhampton is much more affordable than living in some other areas of the country such as London where rents are on average 3 time as high. Students in Wolverhampton will typically spend from £75.00 up to £95.00 per week to stay in halls of residence. Eating out and the general cost of living is also much lower making this part of the country popular with home and international students alike. After the rent is paid students can usually live quite comfortably on around £100.00 per week. Find out more about accommodation at the University of Wolverhampton.
For further information about this course, please Email: Adam.Yardley@wlv.ac.uk or email@example.com or Tel: +44 (0) 1902 32 3370.
Make an applicatiion
To make an application for this course please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +44 (0) 1902 32 2525