Student Support & Wellbeing

Information for students accessing SSW services during the Covid-19 Pandemic

Following recommendations in response to the management of the Coronavirus, Student Support and Wellbeing have moved to providing information, advice and support via online and telephone channels. On campus, face to face service is unavailable until further notice.

For the latest Covid-19 guidance from the University go to

Below outlines how our services have adapted their provision:

Information, advice and support via online and telephone channels

Click on the services to see how you can access their provision

You can register for mental health and wellbeing support using our Registration Form.

A practitioner will then review the form and we aim to contact you within two working days.

If you need to contact the Mental Health and Wellbeing team, please use the following email address (the enquiry inbox is for both students and staff seeking advice and support.)


We will be able to respond Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm either by telephone or email.

We will still be offering support through telephone consultations and are currently looking at other alternative options. 

Our University Mental Health and Wellbeing support team is not an emergency service and not a 24/7 service, therefore in the meantime, please see our self-help page and should you require immediate support please see our need help now page.

Additional resources:

  • The Students Union provide: Well@Wolves
  • For faculty/academic based issues, you can contact your Faculty Student Support: Faculty Student Services
  • Student Minds is a student mental health charity
  • Togetherall – we would encourage you to please register with this free 24/7 digital mental health and wellbeing service with self-help resources and online support for students at The University of Wolverhampton. 
  • Find more self-help resources.

The Chaplains remain available to students as a confidential means of support if you need to chat in this challenging time.

We’ll be setting up groups to create online social activities, times of prayer and worship, and sharing ideas about how to stay well in body, mind and spirit.

The best way to interact with these is via social media:

Email or to confidently contact a chaplain or send general enquiries to   or phone 01902322904 (please note that calls are being diverted to mobile)

The Chaplaincy building is now entirely closed and we do not expect to provide a physical Chaplaincy presence in the immediate future. We will review this situation as government and university guidelines develop but meanwhile we have exciting plans for online support and will be offering conversations by phone for those used to seeing us in person.

Please note that we are only able to communicate via email ( and there will be no phone contact.

Dennis Turner Hardship Fund - The university has significant funding in place to support students who are struggling with financial hardship. Information on the hardship fund can be found at  (Please note we continue to process applications and will be communicating any further requests for information via email.)


In addition to the Dennis Turner Fund we will continue to offer support in the following areas.

Emergency financial assistance. If you require emergency financial assistance you will need to request an emergency loan application form via We will consider your application and advise you of the outcome as soon as possible. Please note this is a loan and will need to be repaid as soon as your financial issues have been resolved.

Struggling with debts. If you are struggling with debts you may find the following websites/organisations useful:

Student Funding England. If you have issues with Student Funding England you will need to call them on: 0300 100 0607.  See our SFE guidance page for advise on current access.

Change in your study. If you have a change in your study, i.e. change of course, mode of study, change of cohort, and this is affecting your funding, you will need to log an evision helpdesk call.

We will continue to be offering support and advice for any disability-related queries, but this will now be in the form of email only, and not telephone or face to face communication. Please be assured that you will receive a timely response to your enquiries.

Our Disability Support Teams continue to respond to their emails and update Tutor Awareness information as it is received.  Our teams are also working with our Academic colleagues to provide advice and guidance for your support within your studies to continue remotely.

For general assistance with disability relates issues, please email

For more information about support for your disability: 


Specialised support and advice for available for Care Leavers and Estranged students, at

If you are experiencing financial hardship as a direct result of the Covid-19 pandemic please email with your student number, name and specific reason for how you have been affected.

Additional information

Request a Welfare Check 

If you find yourself struggling on a personal level, and would like someone from the University to stay in contact with you during this difficult time, then you can request a welfare check. Go to and someone will contact you. 


Find answers to the frequently asked questions about the University’s response to the Coronavirus, on the Coronavirus FAQs page.