Independent, impartial support and advice covering all aspects of the student experience.
Find us in the Faculty Office, Room MU202 on the second floor of the Lord Swraj Paul Building (Business School building)
Telephone: 01902 321789
Open: Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5pm
Student Services Administrators
How we can help you
Our Student Services Administrators are your first point of contact when you contact the Student Services office. Our role is to:
- provide first-line triage to all student queries
- administer assignment submissions
- conduct the International monthly check-in
- assist with SAMs and Academic Skills appointments.
Faculty Student Advisor - Undergraduate Business Subjects
Tel: 01902 323631
Faculty Student Advisor - Postgraduate Business
Tel: 01902 321506
Faculty Student Advisor for Undergraduate Law & Social Science, Historical and Political Studies
Tel: 01902 321640
Faculty Student Advisor for Postgraduate Law & Social Science, Historical and Political Studies
Tel: 01902 323758
Roles of a Student Advisor
- Support individual student difficulties in liaison with colleagues in the Faculty of Social Sciences and the wider University
- Support and mentor the Graduate Interns
- Understand the student journey and support them throughout their programme to reach their full potential
- Engage with students to promote support available
- Encourage students to utilise the support offered
What support can we offer?
- Advice on University regulations
- Programmes advice
- Progression advice
- Advice on extenuating circumstances and extensions
Our Graduate Interns are recent graduates who will share the benefit of their experience and help new students to settle into their academic programmes. They also assist returning students. They:
- provide advice and support to students on a range of queries including enrolment and registration and programme management and refer (as appropriate) academic and non academic queries
- monitor and support engagement and attendance amongst students
- support individual students who are having difficulties
- review and ensure the accuracy of information to students
- support the continuous enhancement of the student experience through advocacy and engagement with student representation, the Student Voice and Faculty Councils (or similar).
Student Services Co-ordinator
Graduated in BA (Hons) Business Management in 2012
My role primarily is to manage the Student Services Team ensuring we deliver excellent customer service throughout the year. I also manage and lead on the planning and implementation of key student-facing activities including enrolment, welcome week, course inductions and graduation.