Celebrating Student Success - From student to Acting Pro-Vice Chancellor
The University of Wolverhampton Burton Campus held a conference recently – “Celebrating Student Success – From student to Acting Pro-Vice Chancellor”.
The conference was aimed at third year student nurses based at Burton campus (cohorts 217 and 118) and the focus was on celebrating their achievements so far on the course and recognising the contribution that they make to patient care. The event was supported by practice partners from University Hospitals of Derby and Burton (UHDB) Foundation Trust and the Burton academic team.
The following speakers:
- Ruth Poxon Senior Lecturer and Course Leader Adult Nursing – sharing her Professional Doctorate research which focuses on student nurses in practice
- Joe Kendrick – sharing his story of his RTC the how student nurses impacted on his care/recovery/experience
- Zororo Mataruka – 2nd year Nursing Associate sharing his experiences in practice
- Professor Lisa Bayliss-Pratt - sharing her story
There was a Q&A panel which consisted of:
- Professor Bayliss-Pratt
- Karen Hill – Senior Nurse (Professional Standards ) UHDB Foundation Trust
- Aimie Morgan – NQN – recent graduate from Burton campus
The conference ended with the student awards voted for by the students for each cohort.
For more information please contact the Media Relations Office on 01902 32 2736 or 01902 518647.