Uploading your photo
When you receive a firm offer from the University, you can upload your photo for your student ID card, and you should do this as soon as you can so that you beat the queues when you arrive.
What you will need
- Your student number, a seven-digit number which will be on your offer letter
- A digital photo that meets the requirements outlined below
- Access to a computer with Internet access to send your photo to the University using the Photo Upload facility.
If you don’t have a digital photo or a computer with internet access, you can use a web cam at the University (available in all Learning Centres) and we’ll help you to do it.
Requirements for student ID card photos
You can upload your photo from any computer, phone or mobile device with Internet access.
We need a good quality passport style photo which must meet the following criteria:
- The photo should be of you alone
- Colour, clear with good contrast
- Head and shoulders only
- Full face
- Facing front
- No glasses unless you normally wear them
- No hats or headwear
- At least 300px x 300px in size, which is approximately 3cm x 3cm at a resolution of 250 px/inch
- jpeg format (filename.jpg) – Other types of file will be converted by the photo upload facility but will take much longer to upload, so we recommend you use JPEG format.
Photos should be similar in nature to a passport photo and will remain on your ID card for the duration of your course. Uploading a photo that does not meet the above criteria or is not a photo of you may be classed as defacing your card and you could be liable for the cost of a replacement card which is currently £10.